Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peezy Headz in Little 5 Points

I go to school at UWG in Carrollton, GA. I'm going to start locs when I take my kinky twists out. I'm considering starting and doing my own maintanence, but I thought it'd be nice to have a professional do it for me maybe. I saw a salon in Little 5 Points, since I'm always there. It's called Peezy Headz. Does anyone have an experience and/or reviews at Peezy Headz?
    Or just...some good recommendations for good natural hair salons with a good loctician? Just wanna check out my options. I did go into the salon (which was part of The Bazaar...probably not the best location?) and I was taken aback by the dim lighting and glanced around at the equipment for a sec while I was talking to one of the sylists, named Chimere. Everything just looked old, but I wasn't going to let that discourage me b/c...I mean...I don't use "equipment" on my hair and I'm not anticipating having any used on my hair for locs. Maybe I just wish the shop looked a little cleaner? But anyway, I was speaking with Chimere, and I love her to pieces...I think she's great! She's who I would want to do my hair, I think. The only thing was that while I was talking to her, I kept feeling bad for the client she had in her chair. I haven't been to a salon in about 3 or 4 years, but I do know that I wouln't want my stylist walking away so much to talk to someone else and touch other things and then go back to doing my hair. I dunno...maybe it's just me.
    So, yeah...any suggestions/reviews/recommendations?
    I do what I want and if it's something I'll regret in the morning, I sleep in.

My new Blog!!!
    http://coachjolo.wordpress.com

Born & raised in Boston now living in the ATL.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was feeling how you are, I would not go there. First impressions/appearance are VERY important to me.

Good luck.
    Bead Queen[color=#FF99FF]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have visited there twice. I believe it was Brittany that did my hair. It was a good experience both times. You are right, they do not have much " equipment" but they don't really need it.

If you aren't feeling too apprehensive I would try it out. They are really sweet women who truly care about natural hair. The lady who owns the chop actually manages the Bazzar. The only complaint I had was parking.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Peezy headz

I've visited them twice as well. Both Chamere and Brittany have done my hair.
    I love Chamere because she is just a sweetheart and she does a pretty good job. As stated before they ladies there really care about natural hair and they have the most excellent customer service. You will have to call well in advance to get an appointment.
    I found the place when I was outside of Sweet Potato Pie. They were closed during their posted business hours and Chamere was walking down the sidewalk to take the trash out. She asked if I wanted to get my hair done. I told her I did, but the shop was closed. She told me that she worked in the salon in the Bazaar and if I didn't mind, she would love to do my hair. I was so glad! She did an excellent job with my comb twists! She made them very neat with the parts and all. I prefer mine with no parts, but I'm sure she would have not parted them if I requested it.
    Their prices are a bit high, but what natural hair salon prices aren't.
    Overall, I highly recommend them for haircare and customer service. Styling is average, but they do quality work.

Impy! is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Crown Barber Shop
    (404) 758-4283
    889 Ralph David Abernathy SW
    Atlanta, GA 30310

This is the location my bro and i get our hair done. They are GREAT...the price is manageable especially if you're not going every week. The service is prompt and friendly, I've never been there and walked out upset/mad etc. Shantae does my hair and my baby bro's as well, but i've seen most other stylists in there work and have no criticisms. Shantae uses only oil and water mixture to retwist our hair and it holds great for me, im sure she'll use something else if you bring what you like.