Raxxie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow.. i've loved them and admired those who were allowed to them since i was not.. my parents are old-school jamaicans so that was forbidden. but i always secretly adored them.. as soon as i could talk them into not disowning me as their child i went for it.. lol

low-maintenance always has and always will appeal to me... plus.. locs are so sexy!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naturallydestined View Post
    I'm just curious to know why/how did you come to the decision of getting locs. Please share.
    When I tried to loc my hair it was because of its length. My loose natural hair had grown to my shoulders. Detangling sessions were arduous.

Basically, I loc'ed for convenience. But I loved them.

Today I have only about 2 inches of hair, yet I keep pulling at it and twisting random bits. I was going to wait to grow my hair out again, but who knows.

If you have a desire to loc, I say go for it. Years from now, I have the feeling you'll look like Goapele.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started vet school. In undergrad I didn't need to devote much time to school, so I played with my hair as much as I wished! Vet school is another story; I have practically NO free time. I'd been spending a lot of time researching locks for the 6 months preceding my decision to braidlock because I was beyond frustrated with split ends and length retention anyway. Having loose hair that I had no time to style was going to kill me, so locks seemed like a good solution.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always admired locs on other people. So after years and years of the CFC cycle of new growth, re.laxer, constant shedding, split ends, thinning middle and edges, drastic short cuts, etc. I decided no more chemicals for me whatsoever. I had no idea what to do with loose natural hair and had no desire to learn. I wore microbraids and TST for the longest time but grew tired of them. Locs were the obvious choice. I thought about it for months and finally decided to go for it. I've never looked back. It's been the best 7 months of my life thus far. I love my nappy, low maintenance hair!!

2nappy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my decision to loc was the best decision that i made for myself...not my husband, not my son, not my friends, not my job......just me!!!!

i was a loose nappy for 3 years before i decided to loc...the is only so many cornrow styles, kinky twist, and micros that a girl can take......

i had my last set of kinky twist done in may for my sister's wedding-when she parted my hair she parted it for the beginning of my locs...two months later, i took out the kinky twist and never looked back....

be blessed on your journey
    check out my photo's on fotki-http://fotki.com/2nappy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A number of reasons, but I've always liked them, and wanted them for myself.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in NYC and my friend had them. I loved hers, but what called to me was the awesome lady that I saw on the subway. I think after seeing her I knew.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt like detangling my hair all weekend just to wash and detangle my hair.oh, yeh, then style it..I needed low maintenance and my hair was a bear at a foot long.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, ladies, have such encouraging stories. I have truly enjoyed reading about your journeys. This only confirms my decision. I think locs are so beautiful and I'm definitely in favor of low maintenance hair.
    http://public.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12