Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default do you believe in healthy relaxed hair?

i've come across many videos/forums online with people going on "healthy r.elaxed hair care journeys" do you honestly think that relaxed hair can be healthy? after reading about what those chemical do to the hair, i don't think so...

Oasis is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If one does I'm not sure you're allowed to say it on this site.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See this thread for opinions on this topic.

In general the consensus on NP is that they may be a such thing as "healthy looking" relaxed hair. However, the process of the relaxer weakens AKA damages the hair shaft, so it is damaged hair.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can have a healthy understanding of the damage they intend to do, versus the damage they don't (while trying to mitigate with further knowledge and understanding). The intellectual, emotional, and sociopolitical balance of that is not waged here and I do believe that it is largely regarded here as an unhealthy path summarily.

It is a fact that (whether intended or not) damage will be. I understand negligent human expectations and the further damage done when their "informed" ignorance is passed along toward sheer and blind ignorance. All told, the ramifications speak of recovery and damage control. Beside that, herein, the base line between damage control and sociopolitical or individual expression is natural texture. So, if you're witty enough to note something such a hair dye and the like, you can be right, but you have the wrong audience for that debate.

I would like for it to be understood that we're, specifically and tenaciously, here dealing with the knowledge and wisdom toward emotional, sociopolitical, and intellectual consequences of accepting our unaltered textures. As such, should you find a valid and/or sound argument against your position that relaxed hair are unhealthy, this will not be the proper venue.

It seems that any further argumentation will get voided at by our rules of engagement. I could be wrong, but I don't suppose there's any merit to trying to prove it.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmm, so my cleanup for readability won't be happening. Make do. =)
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to be the one to pop your bubble but *pop* joking.
    But seriously on NP we do not discuss the benefits of r.e.l.a.x.i.n.g or re.laxed hair. There are no benefits IMO so I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but I'm telling you now that your thread will get shut down Dee has already stated that on this site with the following statement:

We don't allow posting about the benefits of relaxing your hair because at Nappturality, there are no benefits. Post which discuss how to change your hair's texture or straighten it will be deleted. Personal attacks or posts we see as hateful will get you banned.

Don't take this as a negative we're just letting you know what the rules of this site happy trails
    Just want to say thank you to my fairy PANKGodmother for making me PANK!Time to update my ignore list

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the info at the bottom:
    We don't allow posting about the benefits of relaxing your hair because at Nappturality, there are no benefits. Post which discuss how to change your hair's texture or straighten it will be deleted.

Now let me run before I get labeled as a mean veteran member....
    Be careful taking hair advice from someone whose hair you've never seen.
    Bad spelling and grammar from adults are the bane of my existence.
    Solution for dry hair = water + castor oil (now say thank you)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catjeans View Post
    i've come across many videos/forums online with people going on "healthy r.elaxed hair care journeys" do you honestly think that relaxed hair can be healthy? after reading about what those chemical do to the hair, i don't think so...
    No. I don't believe relaxed hair can be healthy, even if it may look like it is.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On point. Closed, especially since there is another thread linked with this past discussion, and its not something we really debate here on NP.
    resistance to the nap is futile
    ...not everyone is prepared to experience the entire journey to get to the finish line, some run the diameter and some run the circumference ...
    -Deecoily
    If you see me, a Black woman with nappy hair, and assume I'm afrocentric...you're right. ~Mod W