Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Hair has texturizer

Hi i want to go natural so i was telling my mom that in a year i want to do my bc.
    She told me that i dont have to cut my hair off because i only had a texturizer ( my mom does not know anything about natural hair) so what do i do

Thank you

p.s. the texturizer just made it a little easier to do my hair but still kinky and hair shrinkage (i think i'm a type 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still grow it out?

Texturizer still changes your hair struture. Just grow it out and cut it when you're ready. (I don't know how old you are, so I don't know if you'll have that much freedom x_x )

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm 22 years old and my mom is very supportive
    just starting it , my last treatment was last month, i want to wear my hair in a twist out now but was not sure if i could or just wear braids for 6 months then have bc

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I transitioned from a texturizer. At the start of my hair journey, I cut my hair in half (approximately), which left it about 6-7 inches. Then I just kept getting mini chops every 6-8 weeks until all the chemical ends were gone. I was completely natural after about a year.

The good news is that there is less likelihood of breakage during transition because the 2 textures aren't as drastically different. Plus my hair didn't look too messed up. I could feel the difference between the 2 textures though.

Of course you can go ahead and BC if you want.
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would still want to do the BC because the textures would be totally different. Your ends would be chemically altered and your new growth not. So go ahead and cut it off when you get ready.