Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Starting with Yarn Braids/Genie Locs/Nu Locs

I have heard from some people that you can start your locking process with yarn braids/genielocs/nu locs. I am curiouse to know if this is true. I am a singer/songwriter and I am about to release an album this summer. I want to loc but also need to keep my hair very versatile since that's how the industry goes. I would start out with just my own hair if I was doing something else. I don't want to be reduced to wearing wigs and stuff b/c I want my image to be of a napptural woman...(I'm so not Beyonce'). I sing R&B not Neo-Soul (which people always asume b/c I'm napptural) which is why I feel yarn braids would be a better choice that starting my locs with just my hair (I'v only got like 5-6 inches). But some part of me feels like that is cheating. Is it? Let me know and thanks in advance.

P.S. Have had yarn braids before just recently took them out and everyone(Even my mother in-law who's from St.Thomas,VI) thought they were my own locs. I loved my yarn braids!!!!!

star13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've worn yarn braids in past, I did them myself, they really do look like locs from a distance. They easy to take care of too. I don't think it's cheating because there's no such thing. Good luck with your debut.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by star13 View Post
    I've worn yarn braids in past, I did them myself, they really do look like locs from a distance. They easy to take care of too. I don't think it's cheating because there's no such thing. Good luck with your debut.

Thank you!