Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!!! My daughter is 6 and she's autistic.....and she screams her heart out when I even look at her with a hair comb. She does not want her hair combed in any way,shape or form. I have thoguht of a straightening comb, but she can't sit still. I DO NOT and WILL NOT even consider a perm. I have been suggested to put a curl in her head,but isn't that still chemiclas? I welcome any ideas...

Melissa :duck

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my middle daughter is NATURAL and my BABY has a beautiful natural grade..my oldest is a PERM child..(her father's idea)

i've been trying to find things to do with my middle daughter..
    right now she is rocking the 2 strands (w/natural hair) and she is in love with them..
    [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p0442effb8c3c7cdc885a2fafa12e98e6/f53f6cf6.jpg[/img]

[font=Courier]sorry..but i HAD to get braids..[/font]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your daughters hair is so pretty. My girls hair is all natural too. I have never used chemicals on their hair. I am trying to instill in them that, they are beautiful from head to toe. They don't need straight hair or any other chemicals to enhance their hair. Its fine just the way it is :afro: [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

Originally posted by happilynappy@Sep 14 2003, 01:07 PM
    My daughter's album link:

http://www.picturetrail.com/happilynappy

password is mecolle

It is under My Daughter's Album
    [snapback]212188[/snapback]
    [url='http://public.fotki.com/elghaniyy76104']naturallyme[/url]
    [img]http://www.nappturality.com/forum/uploads/photo-32789.jpg[/img]

ljam4u is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NaturalMMC@Aug 14 2004, 02:32 PM
    HELP!!!!! My daughter is 6 and she's autistic.....and she screams her heart out when I even look at her with a hair comb. She does not want her hair combed in any way,shape or form. I have thoguht of a straightening comb, but she can't sit still. I DO NOT and WILL NOT even consider a perm. I have been suggested to put a curl in her head,but isn't that still chemiclas? I welcome any ideas...

[snapback]549021[/snapback]
    :lol: That sounds like my 2-year old, will start screaming before the comb touches her head. I've found the best styles for children like that is something that is done while the hair has been washed, detangled and STILL wet. 2-strand twists work wonders on The Brat ™ that I have, just pop on a Disney movie (or whatever type of movie interests her) and give her some Popcorn and twist your heart out. They will usually last about a week and you can take them loose for a "Twist Out" for a few days. I always twist Sunday night and let her wear the twist out the next Saturday and Sunday.

Anyhow, here's my method: Keep a spraybottle near you (one that mists water) near you and a WIDE tooth comb (usually found at the Beauty shops for under $2) and whatever product you need by you. You can make the twists big or small (Smaller ones last longer), you can either part them with a comb or just grab and twist (Parting looks neater). Mango butter and Shea Butter works well on my daughter's hair when twisting (and sometimes a clear Aloe Vera gel), but something else may work better on your child.

Good luck, it takes time I'm still learning! Oh yeah, try flat twists in the front and 2-strand twists or a twistout in the back. You can even 2-strand twist the entire head and flat twist the front a few days later for variety!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am also new to this site my son has a head full of hair i have no problems at all with it. i keep him well conditionded with coco butter and a palm full or two of suave 2 minute repair theropy. or if i'm out i use pantien con ditioner. some to deep condition and a bit more to coat(leave in) before i comb. it may not be popular but it works and his hair smells really good.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Ladies,
    My daughter is 21 MON and has allot of wonderful hair. I am white and we adopted her at 3 MON, since then I have read everything i can and talk to many about what is good for her hair and what is not.
    I have ask her birth mother(we have an open adoption) she tells me she doesn't know what to do with her hair?She told me to cut it. I don't want to cut it! I have long hair and I like the natrual syles and want her to be proud of her hair.
    I wash it once a week, sometimes alittle longer. Put moiture in everday and try to do styles that will stay in at least a few days without getting to fuzzy.
    I do twist, two strand corn rows and puffs.
    I would like some suggestions on what are some good products to use on her hair. I have been using Motions oil moisturizer. Pretty and Silky Detangling spray, Soft and Precious products. Open to any new ideas and suggestions.
    Thanks for any help.
    Merts

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NaturalMMC@Aug 14 2004, 01:32 PM

[snapback]549021[/snapback]

I just learned this: Spray bottle with water, oil and a little conditioner. Shake it up, spray it on daily and comb daily. Now, since she hates the comb... how about doing it when she is asleep? or letting her comb it in front of a mirror (with lots of conditioner so it doesnt hurt)...

Just my
    :2cents: DO NOT USE A STRAIGHTENING COMB... its HOT.. if she moves she'll get burned and then you'll never get a comb near her... also Im pretty sure "a curl" is a perm...
    I have put old fashioned foam curlers in my 6 yr old girls hair.. but you still need a comb...

momi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LADYBUG'S recent photo

The Ladybug
    Last chemical fire cream: 2/24/05
    BC 8/19/05

A Few Photos

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a very informative thread. I'm going to try the twists on my daughter's hair. I usually keep her braided up during the week. (I braid her hair on Sunday night). But I'm kind of bored with the braids and would like to try cuter styles on her. I think I'll try some of these styles on myself as well. Peace and blessings all.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I cut my sons' hair, I use to flat twist it in so many designs and I also 2 strand twist (when the 2 strands got old I would flat twist them). I hope the 2 strand twist weren't to girly, oh well. They were so cute. They're 3 now, the youngest one asked me to do their hair like that again.

Sorry, I don't know how to post this picture. So, no pics for you.
    :wub:
    [color=purple] Smooches[/color]

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast