Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you share your true age?

I never saw, and still don't see, the point in lying about one's age, especially now that we have the Internet.

However, because I keep getting reactions from people when they find out I'm not just in my 40s, but my MID-40s...I'm beginning to wonder whether I should be more...circumspect? I'm also wondering if this has more to do with the environment I live in (college town where a lot of people are regressed to some extent; also men my age approach me thinking I'm younger than I am, and tend to run when they learn otherwise) and that maybe I'm worrying about nothing. What do you think?

Long ago I had a friend whose real age I never learned until I attended her funeral. I knew she was older than me (I was 29) but it was still a shock to learn that she was 40.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Ellann4 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tell my real age because honestly up until the last few years nobody believed me anyway. I enjoyed watching jaws drop in disbelief..they always assumed I was 8 to 10 years younger. But no one can truly change their age...so why lie?
    CombFreeSista ...for life!
    Last chemical fire cream Apr. 99
    Sisterlock'd 10 years;
    Sisterlock Consultant
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been willing to tell my age up until recently. If asked, I'll either tell the truth or not answer at all. Generally it depends on who is asking.

I too, get a lot of when I tell people how old I am. It's nice. When I was younger, in my teens I got the a lot too, because I always looked older or "mature", so when the older guys hit on me they were akways a little surprised when I stopped them cold with my age.

Nowadays I'm just thankful to be alive and relatively healthy, and in my own little way I want to give God thanks for every year I've been given, and to let those who care to know how many that is.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, i tell my age-although i usually forget and have to do the math bc i stopped at 40...that was a BIG deal to me. Now im like really inching along into the mid 40's and people get tired of me bc I talk about what I cant deal with anymore now that i'm on the otherside of 40. bc im short people prefer to think im young. i prefer they respect the age-so I tell it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tell my real age and I also get the jaws dropping. It seems lately I've managed to hang out with people on their mid to late 20's. I normally don't verbally bring it up but in my head I know I'm the oldest person there.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you share your true age?

Only at gun point!

Seriously - depends on who is asking....
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will be turning 41 in two weeks and i don't have a problem sharing my age. most people don't believe me...like others mentioned.

it's funny, though. when i was younger i thought the 40's was sooo OLD!!

so i guess those who don't believe my age are just looking through those same lenses i looked through when i was younger!

and hey, 40 is the new 20!!
    http://members.fotki.com/bellazaina/

We are creations of God...why let man define us when man did not create us?

Ellann4 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh by the way I am 47 yrs old and this have been the best year of my life so far. I got married (1st time) and I am now a stay-at-home Mom for the moment. God has really Blessed me. I hope to live at least as long as my grandmother...she lived to see 96 1/2 years.
    CombFreeSista ...for life!
    Last chemical fire cream Apr. 99
    Sisterlock'd 10 years;
    Sisterlock Consultant
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always shocked when folk say I don't "look" like I could have two teenagers (16,14), my Dad always said I had a baby face but hmmmm I don't think so....I'm HAPPY to be 41...didn't think I'd be joining the single ranks again at this age but hey, looking forward to the freedom!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback!

I consider myself VERY blessed to have made it this far in terms of age, so it's not like I'm ashamed of it. I find people have a certain expectation/image of what an almost-45-year-old black woman is supposed to look/act like...and I guess I defy whatever that is. I don't compare myself to other people (much)...else I'd be a great deal unhappier than I am. Basically I feel like I'm being ME...and if that doesn't fit into whatever stereotype people need it to fit into, that's their problem, not mine. Now doesn't that sound like the perspective of a grown, mid-40-something woman?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast