Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Kinky Curly Curling Custard

I didn't get the results I desired from this, but I'm not sure why. My last perm was in November 2009 and I've since cut off most of the relaxed ends. It didn't do anything but make my hair super shiny and wet-looking. My husband asked me jokingly if I had put a jheri curl on my head.

Has anyone used this product? Should I return it and get my $30 back, or work with it some more? (I'm leaning towards taking it back.)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What results did you expect to get?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly how much relaxer do you have left in your hair? Your last perm was only 3-4 months ago. Did you do a BC?

My advice would be to put it away until you are completely natural and revisit then.
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tried this product for the 1st time about 3 weeks ago. I put it in the night before at about 8pm and most of my hair was still wet the next morning. I definitely looked like I had a Jheri curl. But, I really liked the results once it dried. My hair was a bit crunchy and it took a couple days to get rid of the crunch.

I tried it again last week- this time I used it for my 2-strand twists. There was no crunch this time and my hair is holding up really well.

I have read a lot of message boards about this product and most people say there is a big learning curve. You have to keep trying it out and using it with different things until you get it right. That is why I purchased the small bottle first.

If you don't like it-send it back. Don't waste your money.
    http://public.fotki.com/Teddi378/

Note to India.Arie: I am my hair! Strong. Beautiful. Versatile. Unique. Black. What's wrong with that?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    I didn't get the results I desired from this, but I'm not sure why. My last perm was in November 2009 and I've since cut off most of the relaxed ends. It didn't do anything but make my hair super shiny and wet-looking. My husband asked me jokingly if I had put a jheri curl on my head.

Has anyone used this product? Should I return it and get my $30 back, or work with it some more? (I'm leaning towards taking it back.)

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Are you sure you can return it? Some stores will not allow opened hair products to be returned. Also, KCCC does basically just "freeze" the hair in it's wet state so your hair will have a bit of a wet look initially. After a couple of days though it will look better, at least IMO.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I use kinky curly it just freezes my hair in the state it looks when wet like op said. For me because my hair is thick it takes too long to dry so I use my kinky curly for twist/twist outs now and I love the results.
    http://public.fotki.com/joinera/ pw:nappy
    http://www.theiamchornicles.com/
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ladies! I was expecting to get some curl definition but maybe my hair isn't ready yet. I did a mini chop a week ago, so I still have some relaxed ends left, but not much. I think I will hold on to it until I do the full BC. Thanks!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried kccc last week. ordered it from the website. whole foods didnt have it in the store. umm i made sure to read the instructions and some threads about the product. helps to know your hair type. helps to know what you are looking to get out of the product. it is a gel. it would hold like one. its a moist + gel =plus. if you looking for a wet, loose curly perm type feel naq possibly the kccc isnt best. maybe the kid kind kc twist swirl styler. if you have to go economical and dont mind chemical use activator.

for me the kccc did what it said it would do. im a 3c-4a. i know it wont look like traci elles rose on girlfriends because i dont have her hair type. knowledge is power. happy nappy journey. bc nov 09

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks allcurledup!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it twice and was very disappointed with the results(i was soooooooooooo excited to buy it when I BC'd!)...I have very thick, coarse and dry hair, and it didnt penetrate my hair shaft at all...maybe I wasn't using it right but it caused major shrinkage, it left gunk in my hair, and myhair was super dry (yuck). S-curl Gel and Activator spray are my staples and they make my curls pop and soft....maybe when my hair grows out more I will try my KCCC again...who knows....
    Last CFC: May 2009
    Transitioned for 8 months
    Date of BC: February 10, 2010!!

http://public.fotki.com/Poundcake921/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast