Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ceramic Tile or Porcelain?

I currently have vinyl and it SUCKS...after 10 years it's all nicked up in the bathrooms and kitchen so I thought I would opt for ceramic but was told at a flooring store that it breaks much easier than porcelain (or were they just tryna get me to spend more money?) My oldest is off to college next year so it will only be me and my son so not a lot of foopt traffic so should I opt for the porcelain or what? Does anyone have it? What are your experiences with ceramic tile or porcelain flooring?
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ceramic tile cracks even if you are not trying to. you may find yourself wanting to fix that one lonely cracked tile calling to your attention mid floor. if things like that dont bother you. go for the c tile. good luck

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP************
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 years in and the ceramic tile has held up well, there are a couple nicks in the kitchen and the landing and one gouge in the master bath that I may have my guy come and replace, I've got the grout and may do it myself but I'm pretty happy with the ceramic tile choice - only downside is it's really COLD on the first level, specially now in the winter months but I simply use a blanket if/when I'm watching tv downstairs....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

5. Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really nice of you to share your experience after three years with us and make us take a great decision if any one is confused between the two.

mdf powder coating

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ceramic Tile or Porcelain?

Ceramic is awesome, got porcelain in the master bath as a splurge last year, but now that I'm renting it out I hope the tenants take good care of my floors!!