Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much! I didn’t even think to ask those questions. I will definitely give her a call - thank you again!

I am looking for someone that can work with me in my transition period and help me grow my natural hair but also show me how I can take care of it at home. I’ve been watching youtube videos of roller sets, straw twist, etc but I don’t know if my hair can do that as I still have a lot of relaxer in it. I can’t remember the last time I had a relaxer but based on the bulking of my mother I am guessing my last touch up was about 8 weeks ago. I am having a hard time finding styles that I can wear to work (corporate environment) and also out on the town. Right now, I am wearing it in ponytails and down but I don’t want to put a lot of heat on it so I haven’t been bumping the ends which makes it look stringy and not put together.

I will definitely give her a call and see if I can get added to her appt book!

Cheers,
    Brittany

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I've been looking for a natural stylist as well and I live 15 minutes from Far Rockaway. Do you think Tameeka will mind if I give her a call as well?
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Tameeka's number is 646-379-0496.

Feel free to give her a call, she will appreciate the business and you will appreciate her services.

Tell her Queenie recommended her...told you that you were using my real name!! LOL
    If I say napptural and you say natural, we're talking about the same thing-differently. But if I say natural and you say re.laxer, then one of us is f*ckin wrong.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masoesa View Post
    There are plenty of stylists in NYC but what do you mean by relatively natural?
    I love the styles in your pictures. I am looking for a hairstylist too preferably in the Bronx where I live. Any recommendations?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHoneyLocs View Post

If you want to come to NJ, I found a great loctain (sp) in Bayoone. It is really easy to get to her, her prices are EXCELLENT. The name of her shop is Knotty Roots, and you go to Facebook to get her info. Just type in Knotty Roots.

I am positive you will help with either of the two.
    What did you think about Knotty Roots? I'm thinking about going to try them out one of these days.
    Love, peace and no hair grease...
    Miss Jay

http://members.fotki.com/MissJay1979/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knotty Roots is GREAT!! I am going to more for my first retwist. The owner was co-owner of a salon in Baltimore for a few years. She wanted to return to NJ, so she opened Knotty Roots in March. Her prices are EXCELLENT!! I paid $65 for her to start my locs and the retwist is $45.

Mizan, the owner, really knows her stuff and has very beautiful locks.
    If I say napptural and you say natural, we're talking about the same thing-differently. But if I say natural and you say re.laxer, then one of us is f*ckin wrong.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fingers crossed

I just made an appt to go to Knotty Roots tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I have been looking for a natural hair care salon, not just an african braiding shop, in NJ for a long time (one with affordable prices), so I REALLY hope it works out tomorrow. I've had some bad experiences!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHoneyLocs View Post
    You can try Tameeka in Far Rockaway, she is really good. The options you are looking for is what she promotes. I can send you her information if you like.

If you want to come to NJ, I found a great loctain (sp) in Bayoone. It is really easy to get to her, her prices are EXCELLENT. The name of her shop is Knotty Roots, and you go to Facebook to get her info. Just type in Knotty Roots.

I am positive you will help with either of the two.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^LOL!!! Was that you in the chair when I came in around 5 pm? Mizan was doing your hair and Charlie retwisted my locs.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh wish I were home to give you a run down list of natural hair salons in NY. I found so many!!! What i will do is post a link for you to searach www.treasuredlocs.com (I think google treasure locs to be sure) search from there. I will come online tomorrow with a list of salons.
    Happy Hair & Blessings Nappturals!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knotty Roots........I went there for my BC...fell in love and will be going back often lolz
    Happy Hair & Blessings Nappturals!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12