Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Wish I could wake up and be natural...

Hello all! I'm a newbie, but I am ALREADY in love with this place! I feel right at home! Let me first start by explaining why I am going natural. I have always had "pretty" hair. It has always been really bouncy and full, but about six months ago I started getting very bored with my hair. I was sick of the wrap look, sick of spiral sets that didnt last, sick of being in the salon ALL day... i could go on and on. Anyway, I started researching natural hair on various blogs and on youtube and got schooled on how dangerous and unhealthy a "relaxer" really is. I don't blame my mother at all, because she knew nothing about the harsh chemicals in a relaxer, and on top of that everybody had a relaxer that I knew growing up. I am now 23 years old, a recent college graduate, and ready for a BIG change. Not only am I embarking on a healthy hair journey, but I have recently started a weight loss journey as well. To date I have lost 13 lbs (still have 60 more go!) and I am so motivated! My last relaxer was January 5th 2010, and I currently have about an inch on new growth. I am excited to see my NATURAL kinks, coils or naps... whatever grows out of my skull I will embrace and love it! This is going to be great, and I am so happy that I found this site so that I can have the support from strong women, and also support others as well!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Mahonganytresses! Sounds like we have a lot of similarities!! Like you I wanted a change, especially after doing some research about how harmful relaxers really are to my hair! I am a 22 year old recent college graduate, and I am attending grad school at the moment. I just lost 13 lbs (more to go!!) as well after starting a weight loss journey..and my last relaxer was January 9th 2010. I ended up transitioning for 2 months before I BCed last Friday! As you can see in my pic, I have less than 1/2 inch of hair...but I am so in LOVE with it! Each day I am finding little kinks, coils, and curls that I didnt even know I had! When you are ready to BC you will know..after the initial shock of cutting it all off, you will absolutely adore your hair! Again, welcome and good luck on your natural journey!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are very inspirational to this oldie who just turned 34 in Feb Yipee to life. I too have adopted some weight loss goals. No weight loss as a result of health changes but I am still in it to win it. Still using wheat and getting ready to join the gym and break out the stroller for walks with my one year old. Keep it up