Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping!

Welp, I ended up getting one (actually, my friends and fam got together and gave me an Apple Gift Card cos they knew I wanted one). It became painfully apparent to me that it's quickly becoming the standard for my industry regarding portfolio presentation. Every time I had a meeting and didn't have one I felt like I was in the stone age, not to mention that it's much faster to update with new work, etc.

So now that I'm in, what great apps are iPad users using?

Edit - Being on NP.com on my iPad is HEAVEN!!!!! Forum runner is fully optimized for iPad. Yippie!
    Last edited by Soul Rebel; 12-05-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got one a few weeks ago. (I just occurred to me to search for an iPad thread on NP.) I was going to hold out for the 3g one, but then someone got one as a gift realized she didn't want it and would never use it. She sold it to me real cheap. Score!

It's only the 16g wifi too, but I'm in love with it. I'm glad I didn't pay up for the 3g one because the buzz about the 2nd generation model has been going for weeks. That one I just might pre-order when it's time.

For me, it's the book apps: Kobo, Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Bookman and OverDrive (you can use that to check out eBooks from your local library.) I love it. I can and do have a crap load of books on my iPad. If I get bored with one, I can switch. I love that you can download all the classics. It's just great.

Also, because it's what I do and I just love this stuff, social media: Twitter, Friendly for FB, Flipboard, TwitBird, and Hootsuite. Also, I just copied over my iTouch stuff too.

Games: I'm avoiding Angry Birds. I just am. I've got a freebie solitaire game and that's about it.

Nightstand (an alarm).

Magazines: Virgin's Project IS a bad mag. Them letting people download the first issue free? It might get me to pay for the next one...maybe. Elle also lets people download the issues for free. The trade off are the ads they build into the issues. I'm really pissed at New York Magazine because subscribers to the paper version get crap all.

News: CNN, Slate, NPR, ABC News, BBC News, AP Mobile, Reuters News Pro, Mashable and HuffPo. I really only use NPR, Slate and CNN.

I downloaded some shopping apps but that's just not in my budget, so they're just taking up room.

Entertainment: Netflix (FTW!!!!), Pandora, iheartradio, PBS, Shazam.

I've not downloaded Forum Runner simply because I'm not on NP enough anymore to justify paying for it. (Have one version on my iTouch). Actually, but for long replies, browsing NP on the iPad is fine.
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 01-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Hot boxing wit God when da rainbow is enuf
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    I've not downloaded Forum Runner simply because I'm not on NP enough anymore to justify paying for it. (Have one version on my iTouch). Actually, but for long replies, browsing NP on the iPad is fine.
    Is Forum Runner really necessary? I can't justify paying for it, either. When I submit NP relies, I use Safari. That is the only reason I use Safari, but otherwise I surf with Atomic.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not necessary. It just seems that people really like it. I do like the freebie version on my iTouch. I also notice that on Safari there are glitches on the NP forum, so if you want to avoid that, it's worth it. I'm sure it's worth it if you're on enough using a mobile device. I'm usually on NP using my laptop.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Runner: It's not necessary but it sho is amazing on this thang, lemmie tell ya.

For me, I don't like to sit at my computer on NP. I don't work a 9-5, so I'm not on NP at work. On my iPad I can read it more clearly, answer more completely, but be on while doing other things. Love. It.

Other apps - yes the Netflix app is amaze. I enjoy the NPR app as well. I like Pages and Number although I really like this app QuickOffice I've found (Pages and Numbers are iPad versions of iWork apps which are knockoffs of Word and Excel). I have a few sports things I like. I have Sunil and the Kindle app for reading. I'm not going into games at all, I'll keep those on my Touch.

Edit: goodness! How could I forget Evernote and Dripbox??? My life would end without those two apps.
    Last edited by Soul Rebel; 01-09-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we load contacts from email onto the ipad? Thx
    Last Lye 07/01 No Big Chop

I thank God for opening my eye to the Lye!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ByHis Grace View Post
    I use Gmail, so they're pretty much all there. I think there is some Apple software: Mobile Me? Not sure how much it is or if you need it for the iPad. I still do most mobile emails from my Android and am replying from my iPad when I do send a message from there.

Here is the iPad mail video. Maybe that will help: http://www.apple.com/ipad/guided-tours/#video-mail

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ByHis Grace View Post
    Are you on a PC or a Mac? If you're on a PC the easiest way would be to use Gmail or the like. On a Mac you can set it up to sync automatically with your Address Book when you connect it to your computer. It will also do your iCal as well if you so choose (on a Mac).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    Forum Runner: It's not necessary but it sho is amazing on this thang, lemmie tell ya.
    Now I'm a bit confused (and, I know, it's simply most likely because I wasn't paying attention).

Wasn't it the Taptalk app first? I think I downloaded the freebie version of that to my iTouch.

However, now it's ForumRunner which is $1.00 cheaper. That dollar will convert me because I HATE having to navigate NP on my iPad when I'm trying to reply. Something ALWAYS goes wrong.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic

Now I'm a bit confused (and, I know, it's simply most likely because I wasn't paying attention).

Wasn't it the Taptalk app first? I think I downloaded the freebie version of that to my iTouch.

However, now it's ForumRunner which is $1.00 cheaper. That dollar will convert me because I HATE having to navigate NP on my iPad when I'm trying to reply. Something ALWAYS goes wrong.
    Yeah we were on Tapatalk first, but Dee took us off of there after that crazy racist spam attack we had. She moved us to Forum Runner & I like it better anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast