Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Hello Fellow Performers,

I'm applying to USF (University of South Florida) and FIU ( Florida International UNiversity) and planning to major in Theare Performance and minor in Spanish.

Anyone else a performing arts major? Is so, why did you chose this major?

What do you plan to do with your degree after you graduate?

What University/College are you attending?

Thanks and remember

"Don't Dream it, Be it!"

Sheila

ChocolatChaud Guest

Hey! I majored in French and minored in theatre at Mount Holyoke College. This fall I will be entering a masters' program at NYU where you design your own masters and you have a choice of three different types of thesis. I plan on getting my masters' in theatre and africana studies. I want to be a modern day griot; telling the untold stories of people of the diaspora. I love writing plays, poetry, performance pieces, etc... But I am also a performer myself, acting and dancing. Hope to become an established playwright and also i would like to start my own political and cultural theatre troupe with performers of african descent.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:app :app Wow! girl congrats! Just remember me while you typing up all those plays :-) ;-) and need an actress to star in them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ChocolatChaud@May 23 2004, 09:13 AM
    I majored in French and minored in theatre at Mount Holyoke College. This fall I will be entering a masters' program at NYU where you design your own masters and you have a choice of three different types of thesis. I plan on getting my masters' in theatre and africana studies. I want to be a modern day griot; telling the untold stories of people of the diaspora. I love writing plays, poetry, performance pieces, etc... But I am also a performer myself, acting and dancing. Hope to become an established playwright and also i would like to start my own political and cultural theatre troupe with performers of african descent.
    Impressive! :heart

fftopic
    Mount Holyoke was my first choice for undergrad until I visited Vassar. :razz

ChocolatChaud Guest

Originally posted by ArmyGoddess@May 23 2004, 11:28 AM
    :app :app Wow! girl congrats! Just remember me while you typing up all those plays :-) ;-) and need an actress to star in them.
    I'll remember you. :heart If one of my plays gets performed for the Gallatin Art's Festival next year, I'll post about it.

Impressive!

Mount Holyoke was my first choice for undergrad until I visited Vassar.
    fftopic I :heart Mount Holyoke. I miss it so much. So many strong, beautiful and intelligent women persuing their dreams and goals in academia. I plan on being an active alumna. Vassar has been coed for awhile, right?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ChocolatChaud@May 23 2004, 10:03 AM
    Vassar has been coed for awhile, right?
    Nearly 40 years now (1969).