Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sos!

i have a five year old whose hair i've gotten quite acquainted to, and learned to handle very well. she's given me much practice on many different styles, as she does not keep any of them for long.. *pfft..* she play hard! anyway, i can't really do anything creative or time consuming on her anymore because she has a scalp condition that forces me to wash her hair every single day *gasp*.... every single day! it wasn't always this bad, but recently it's gotten out of control.

she has exzema, which is wreaking havoc on her poor little scalp. If I wash it friday and let her spend saturday night with her gramma, sunday morning the scalp is completely flaked out. she scratches it to the point where she has little sores and a spot at the nape of the neck that is wearing thin, so it's itchin' her too. i de-flake, brush out, wash with nizoral shampoo, use prescription oil - derma-smoothe/FS (she's been to the dermatologist several times) on the scalp and style as quickly and easily as i can. the routine is taking its toll on me and her. when i de-flake (mind you this is daily or every other day) me, the spot on the couch we sit, her, everything is covered with flakes.

anybody else dealing with this or anything like it? the dermatologist didn't offer much hope. he said it's a chronic thing and she may grow out of it by the time she's in her teens... and she may not. *cringe* that's a lottta hair washing i've never seen anything like this. just wondering if anybody else has...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent but my 2 yr old neice has had a little problem with it.i gave my sis my honey child burdock root hair lotion to put on her scalp she said it worked okay.i just told her to use natural products to oil her scalp.she kept using chemical grease and her scalp would flake and itch.she uses sulfate baby shampoo in her hair too.i hope u find something that works.i have dandruff and i use black soap and my honeychild sweet scalp exfoliator.i just try to use natural stuff on my scalp and no sulfates.
    Product Junkie. kinky, thick, frizzy 4c, 12 inch hair .My son is now 5 yrs old.My daughters are natural too.16&12i went natural when my youngest daughter was a year or two years old.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem with DD it started when she was about 6 month also, I was given the same shampoo and washing daily, in my case my dd hair started to fall out and she was left with patches of her. After about a 6 months with no help from her dermatologist beside from the shampoo. I started using sulfur 8 light on her hair, neutrogena t-gel shampoo and conditon ( you have use both togehter otherwise her hair will come out really hard) and nature's blessing hair dressing. The exzema went away slowly and her hair grew back even slower but she is five now and she still has some flair up but when I see them I use the T-gel shampoo and conditon and wash her hair every other day until it goes away. My only advise for right now is dont give up and buy a lot of hats that is what I did since she was most bald and had soe much flakes. The Sulfaur 8 light really stop the itching and flaking. I would wait on using it at least until she 1 year old. I had to tell my dd that it makes her head feel cool not hot.
    hope this helps.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx for the responses... i have tried sulfur 8 and it does nothing for the issue. washing with nizoral and using the prescription oil (derma-smoothe/FS) seems to be clearing off the flake issue so i can wash every two to three days rather than every day... but now i'm seeing little bumps that look like acne bumps on parts of her scalp, which is something new.... i plan to monitor this for maybe another week to see if it worsens. if it does, we'll scratch the oil and try something else...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just updating... have been washing it every other day now... if i go three days, it flakes again. every other seems to be alright. still using nizoral to wash and the derma-smoothe/FS to oil the scalp. acne-like bumps are fading. i guess the key to keeping this under control is washing often.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sos!

I've been MIA for a while, as you can see... but I just wanted to follow up with this thread. After taking her to two different dermatologists, one sorry and one good, I found that what my daughter had was ringworm on her scalp. The doctor ran a culture test. He prescribed some oral medicine to clear the issue, and her scalp has been problem-free ever since. This was five years ago, now. S/N: My daughter requested locks once we cleared her scalp, and she had them for nearly five years before she wanted them out. We recently both cut off our locks and started over.