Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

(I'm at work and supposed to be working, but I can't pull myself away from this site!! :duck )

I found another article about Batana Oil and the wesite that sells the stuff. Anyone ever heard of it?

Batana Oil Article

The article gives another website where you can order the oil (for $55!!)
    The "official" Batana website.

Okay, I think I'm done, now. Back to work! :tiptoe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I have used it. It is also known as Seje oil, and quite a few other names. I bought some from a local aromatherapy shop a few years ago. I think the distributor was Neal’s Yard Remedies. It is great it is excellent for the hair and skin, very nourishing. It is hard to find places that sell it here in the USA. I am sure that will change as the demand increases. If I remember correctly it is found in the rainforests of South America.

~~ETA~~

I did not pay $55 for mine I think it was under $20 for 8 ounces.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NaturallyJade@May 26 2004, 12:55 PM
    I did not pay $55 for mine I think it was under $20 for 8 ounces.
    Oh my, why would an oil cost so much? :doh
    Join The Movement Now!!

www.vitalfusion.kyani.net

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

It depends on how rare/difficult to cultivate the plant is. High end floral EOs like real Rose Absolute or real Jasmine are quite expensive. That said it does kinda sound like this Canadian company is jacking these people for their natural resource. I'd be a little bit concerned about using something from an already depleted natural environment.

Hmmmmm.....

- Tania :rainfro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tdrmaquillage@May 27 2004, 01:20 AM
    It depends on how rare/difficult to cultivate the plant is. High end floral EOs like real Rose Absolute or real Jasmine are quite expensive. That said it does kinda sound like this Canadian company is jacking these people for their natural resource. I'd be a little bit concerned about using something from an already depleted natural environment.

Hmmmmm.....

- Tania :rainfro
    Totally correct if you are buying Rose, Jasmine, Neroli, Melissa, Sandalwood, Spikenard AKA ‘Nard (too name a few) are all very costly essential oils. Expect to pay (easily) over $20 for 1/16 oz for the first 4 if you don’t buy in bulk.
    It takes over 1,000 pounds of jasmine and over 2,000 pounds of rose (about 8 million flowers) to make one pound of essential oil. The price of each essential oil is directly related to the amount of plant material needed for distillation. If you do you find it cheap for example 1 ounce of Jasmine for $10 it’s not the real thing. It has been mixed with carrier oil or it has been adulterated.

Seje oil is considered a ‘fixed oil’ AKA carrier/base oil. They don’t have to cut the trees down to produce the oil. It is derived from the nuts. It still takes a lot of nuts to produce one ounce of the oil. Looking at that site they mixed the oil with other ingredients to make their hair treatment I guess that is why they priced it at $55.

A frequently adulterated oil is lavender. True lavender oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
    is hard to find it is usually cut with synthetic linolyl acetate to improve the fragrance. Then propylene glycol, DEP or DOP (odorless solvents) are added and it is labeled as Lavandula officinalis.

Off to finish writing my article on adulterated oils. :tiptoe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a search for Seje oil on Google and it looks like Neals Yard Remedies is the only seller. Could this really be the case?
    My Fotki site
    pw: brownkinks
    The Rebel: His very way of being is rebellious - not because he is fighting against anybody or anything, but because he has discovered his own true nature and is determined to live in accordance with it. The eagle is his spirit animal, a messenger between earth and sky. The Rebel challenges us to be courageous enough to take responsibility for who we are and to live our truth.
    -Osho Zen Tarot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Batana Oil

Quote Originally Posted by spiral View Post
    I did a search for Seje oil on Google and it looks like Neals Yard Remedies is the only seller. Could this really be the case?
    I know this is an old thread but Batana Oil is made from a Palm Oil Tree (Elaeis Olfeifera) only found in Moskitia Honduras. It is very rare and not found in the US but you can order online. It takes a long time to come since it is an international shipment that has to go through customs.

I just ordered some which I have not yet but when I go to Honduras in May, 2018, if I like it I will bring some back.
    Last edited by Bossfemme; 11-10-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Batana Oil

I've heard of it and I'm curious about it. Have you gotten it yet? How do you like it?