Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats wonderful that you were able to find something to grow the hair in that area. Looking good!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 1 Year Napptural 8/12

Thank you lin19lyn. I almost gave up hope it would change in March after 3 months of working with using ayurvedic's brahmi, bringraj and henna. They produced some growth and I think helped strengthen my hair allowing me to keep what did grow. I was really hesitant about using products with the Nioxin ingredients (even if they said it was for "naturals") but I thought I'd give it one more shot before going to a dermatologist.

Because of the results I've stopped wearing completely protective styles now and hope my hair will remain on the road to recovery.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a shorter spot too. It drives me nuts but it's growing and I can brush my hair to mask it a little. Time and focusing on the positives of my hair will fix this...I hope.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default alopecia

I too have a thin spot in the top of my hair. I have went to two dermatologist and both told me that it was adrogentic alopecia (heredity). So the first dermatologist just told me to use Rogaine. I was so upset left the dermatologist balling my eyes. I was about 27. I believe it that I was going to eventually have this problem but I think it was brought on by the premature birth of my son and getting off bc. Every forum I read that is one of the things that pop up. It talks about your hormones. My hormones was defintely out of whack with have a baby and changing my birth control method. So later I started to be proactive instead of being sad. Right now I am on spironolactone. It is actual a blood pressure pill but it is used for losing hair. I have been on them for about 3 months. I am allowing myself one year and if I don't see my the results then I have a back up and final plan. I have been in contact with a doctor. I will be having a hair transplant. You must do what's best for you and if you can leave with your hair I say Rock on if not don't give up you have to try to stay positive and be proactive. Good luck to all my natural sisters. I am 6 months natural and I truly love my natural hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope my experience helps someone to not give up on there desire to have even the weakest area of your scalp grow the best it can. There is still a drastic difference in the length of other areas of my hair and the area that has recently begun to fill out. I'm coming up on 1 year natural and I also wonder if it's just my hair/scalp adjusting to a healthier state from the nightmare I put it through before. For anyone thinking of giving up just know there is medical evidence that cells in the body completely regenerate every 7 years....hopefully vitamins and healthy foods will move the process along just that much faster!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Your hair is growing keep doing what you are doing its workin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good progress. Congratulations.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice improvement, hope the best for you. but I was helped by the M.Gardson's method. I will try to keep applying it regularly

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catcurls View Post
    I have a similar problem and have been using Nioxin natural products. The shampoo has sulfates but after seeing little to no growth in a back section of my hair I was willing to try almost anything. I've gone to protective styling for the past month now and using the Nioxin and believe I'm seeing some growth. Please ladies keep this thread alive. I don't know about anyone else but I definitely need your support. Wish I had discovered this thread earlier. I will be using the Nioxin for 2 mos end of July 2010 and will post before and after pics then.
    Its coming in nicely. I have the same problem in the back of my head. Just literally down to a millimeter of hair. I hate that I can see my scalp, one doctor attributed to breakage, but its just frustrating because the hair was there, then BAM I got a patchy bald spot.

Good luck, I am right there with you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default looks great

keep up the good work.
    i too think i am suffering with some form of alopecia. does anyone know how to post pics?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast