Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louisville, KY Meetup

What would be the best day to have a meetup on? Saturday or Sunday?

I was thinking on a Saturday afternoon, but a friend told me I should pick Sunday afternoon because Sunday's are boring and they could use a little pizazz.

But then I was thinking Sunday is the day where some go to church and then go home to eat to the point where they get too tired to go anywhere. Maybe not.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday afternoon seems good. Late enough so it won't interfere with church, and early enough so it won't interfere with getting ready for Monday.
    My album

password: gemela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ya'll! I've been sick and MIA for a while, but in response to your question . . . I would prefer Saturday. I would probably show up at a Sunday afternoon event, but Saturday is my preference.

Having planned, hosted, and attended several of these, I would just set a date and time and let whoever is going to show up, show up. There will a good amount of interest, but it's usually the same core group of 4 or 5 that are going to show up regardless of what the day and time is. (Sorry, I'm not trying to offend or put anyone on blast.)

View My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a meetup at the Water Tower. So far, the date is Saturday, August 14th. I'm thinking about having it at 3.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you guys like to see at it? I was thinking about us telling our stories, having a product swap and maybe even serving something for everyone to eat.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds nice (esp. the food ). I've never been to the water tower, so it will be good for me to see a new place in Louisville. Count me in!

View My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll like it, luvmynaps. It's right next to the river. Right now, it's kind of rough looking on the outside because they scraped the paint off and they're giving it a new paint job for it's 150th anniversary that's coming up, but the inside is huge and beautiful.

My friend and I started a bit more planning last night and we're going to have it at 1 instead, and have it last until 4.

I'm going to announce it on Twitter, Facebook, and my blog.

Another one of my friends who's offering to help (Rukiyah) has A LOT of natural friends who she said would probably want to come and if you look at her FB gallery, it's flooded with natural-haired friends.

Oh, and I go to St. Stephen's Missionary Baptist Church and EVERY single time, I mean EVERY time I go there, I see at least nine or more naturals, and each time it seems like a different group of people, I kid you not. The most I have seen was this past Sunday (I saw 20 naturals at this church on that day). My cousin Charita (also a natural) and I then went to eat at their restaurant on the side of the church. Eight tables were occupied full of people, and at three at the eight tables, there were two naturals each, and there was another natural at the other. So I think I may hand out flyers at my church as well.

I don't know how many may attend though. I'd be happy if just 5-10 people showed up.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may have looked at her (Rukiyah) webpage before. Is she the one that takes the pictures?

Wow! It sounds like you guys are turning this into a community event and I'm sure it will be a great turnout. Can't wait to see everybody.

View My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmynaps View Post
    I think I may have looked at her (Rukiyah) webpage before. Is she the one that takes the pictures?

Wow! It sounds like you guys are turning this into a community event and I'm sure it will be a great turnout. Can't wait to see everybody.
    Does she have locs? If so, yup, that's her. I hope there's a good turn out too. Even if it's not a lot of people, it should still be fun.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been MIA for a while too. If I could put in a request, could it start a little later in the evening? I work both Sat. and Sun. until 7pm and am coming from Frankfort. I'm definitely interested in going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast