Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two weeks in!!!

Hello everyone!!!!!!! I am new natural! May 27, 2010 marks my new hair "birthday" and the start of my natural hair journey. I was nervous about the big chop, but once it was completed I was more than excited. Cutting my hair off was the best decision I ever made. I can not stop touching it or looking in the mirror in awe over my natural hair. I can't believe that I was convinced, for so long, that my hair was "bad" hair and that I HAD to releax it.

I have started my reasearch on hair products and all the information can be quite overwhelming at times. So any advice on products would be helpful. I am still trying to figure out my hair type, but if I had to guess I would say 3c maybe 4a. My hair is also really really dry, so if you have any input on extra moistrizing products I would more than appreciate that!!!

I have also started a blog, when you are free stop by and let me know what you think... I am just starting it, so it is pretty short!
    http://rejuvenating-me.blogspot.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no product guru, so I can't help you there. I just wanted to say "WELCOME"! The ladies in the commercial and homemade product sections know there stuff though, so you're bound to find some product reviews there.

Kudos on your cut. It looks great in your avatar! Be sure to check in here since you just did the bc:http://www.nappturality.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=122307

Good luck and see you around the board.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!!! And I will go check in on that forum as well!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome and I'm glad you are loving your hair.

The product thread has helped me a lot!
    We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. Therefore, embrace the natural inner and outer beauty that he has created in you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Leasterwood I am a little over two weeks in myself and I am LOVING all the freedom I have since I cut off my hair! I didnt transition, once I made the decision to go natural I just went in and did the BC; it took me 45 minutes and four different clipper attachments but when I was done my daughter (who is my natural hair inspiration) told me I looked like a rock star LOL! Truthfully my hair had been relaxed for so long the only time I got to see any hint of natural texture is when it was time for my touchup LOL! I am so glad that I found this site and look forward to talking to and sharing this journey with all of you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onebyd, I too did not tranistion. I waited a couple of weeks to get some new growth in, but when I got a little I went and cut all the straight hair right out of my hair. Like you once I cut my hair off I felt completely free. I had never felt that way before. I have been getting my hair reaxed for as long as I can remember. And the only time I got to see my hair in its natural state was when it was time for a touchup as well. I really can't believe I spent all of these years thinking that my hair was "bad" and that I had to relax my hair in order for my hair to be pretty.
    Since we are so close together with our journey we will have to keep each other updated with our status!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leasterwood we should definitely keep each other updated and I plan to upload some more pictures and start an album so I can look back and see how far I have come. It is amazing to me how long I have been relaxing my hair and never even really thought about doing something like this until I got older. I was always the one with the "fly" short hair cut and would not feel right unless my hair was "done", so this is going to be very interesting when my hair really starts coming in to see if I will be able to deal with it, but I know that I will. I have started walking at lunch and I can't tell you how nice it is not to have to worry about sweating out my hair when it is hot or the wind messing up my hair, it is such a great feeling not to be a slave to my hair anymore!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Lesterwood!!! I didn't do big chop, I transitioned for awhile...it took me while to find the right products for my hair but I feel like I have a good regiment going on. I got a lot of great advise from the folks up here and also from youtube. I suggest researching some of the videos up there. They give a lot of great advise. I'm a huge fan of kimmaytube. She's awesome!

Once again welcome!
    Last edited by Allnaturalsista; 06-09-2010 at 02:12 PM.

"No Jesus, no peace...know Jesus, know peace"

Find me here:
    http://www.anewanddifferentpathforme.com
    Got twitter? Then follow me: @NaturalKrys