Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Snakes and Lizards oh my!

So I'm quite sure there's a snake bed under my bushes in front of the house, and I've resolved to get rid of them - the bushes - ...but not me...having a landscaper provide an estimate as the base is too big for an amateur like myself to dig up...anyhoo I'll likely put some mulch down and some flowers (that's the goal anyway).

Talking to folk they say snakes eat lizards well not MINE...they seem to co-exist together and I'm wanting to believe the big lizard that looks more exotic..greenish, blue and pink hues may have escaped and been someone's pet...after all this is northern virginia and not the tropics.

Anyone else have issues with these creatures...I think they may be slumming under my porch as well in addition to the shrubs....sigh...
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizards in Virginia??? If it is bigger than Geico Gecko size you might want to call animal control. I don't know if a landscaper would agree to touch the bushes while the lizards/snakes are still there.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't seen the big one in a minute but the baby geckos scamper around the porch and are like "this is my domain".....we do have a creek not too far from the house but the landscaper frequents the neighborhood and when I mentioned the creatures he was like no prob so we'll see.....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

winnie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call a pest control company. Snake beds are nothing to play with. I'm from the country and there are PLENTY of stories of "snake houses".. i.e. houses that have been taken over by snakes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ that was my next thought...my neighbors don't seem to mind since those jokers be running/slithering across all our front porches....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no.... I live in the boonies in south Texas, so we do get a LOT of lizards and snakes, but snakes are not allowed on my property. We've got snake away all around the yard, but I'm still not sure what to do about the lizards....

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you may want to look into that. Having a snake nest anywhere near your house is not good. I'm from Northern VA, and I ain't never seen a snake or lizard in my hood, but times change and like you said, people tend to release animals they had as pets. If you decide to use snake away, don't put it down until you know the snakes are no longer in your yard, or you'll be trapping them in your yard.
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mess with snakes. If I see one near the house, I've got a shotgun for that. Every year we get the world's second most deadly snakes here in my garden, once a one of them STALKED my partner when he broke up its mating session. (yes two of the wretched things were mating in my rockery). Nope. Don't play when snakes are concerned. The only good one is a dead one. And I LOVE lizards and frogs so when I see them disappearing, I know we've got a predator hanging around.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we killed 2 long black ones with a garden hoe, gross...anyhoo the bushes are now TREES with all this rain but that means the ground should be nice and soggy to dig them things up, then their only other place to hide is under my porch...like I said my neighbors aren't trippin but I AM!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP************
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08