Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChaCha thank you so much I needed to see that in black & white, something that I can relate too. I will be getting that book asap!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot! I'm sure this will help me a lot!
    [url=http://thebohobeauty.blogspot.com/]My Blog: The Boho Beauty[/url]
    [url=http://http://www.youtube.com/thebohobeauty/]The Boho Beauty on Youtube[/url]

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psalm 139:14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make it sound so easy! Is it really that easy? When I look at other peoples business plans, it all looks greek to me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natural Stylist, that's the beauty of the One Page method. It makes business planning accessible to everybody. The key is to EXECUTE what is written in the plan. Just do the steps you've created for yourself.

This type of plan will get you up and going. It's meant more for internal use to run the business. Should you ever need to secure external financing, they will most likely need to see a more traditional plan. In that case, the One Page can easily be expanded.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you first posted this Chacha, I didn't know what to do with it, but now I can totally use this. I have such a hard time actually writing things out, but I'm determined to get this written down. Would it be okay if I asked you all questions along the way? I'm still a bit confused on what exactly I want to put in this plan, but not from lack of understanding how now. I've got to research, but this is a great start.

Home Sweet Home

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask all the questions you want.

By the way, love the new avi!!

mrembo25 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been tinkering with the thought of starting a business for over a year now. Thank you so much chachadiva for all the info you provide (I've read you over on the what kind of business are you starting). I just don't know where to start, so this thread is great

if you were to break down the steps of starting a small business, what would they be?

I know first is writing a business plan, then what?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coilynapp View Post
    I know first is writing a business plan, then what?
    Execution! It's that simple. The business plan, if written correctly, acts as a road map to guide you along the steps. Do the steps written in the plan.

The good thing about the one page method is that you can write a one page plan for the overall business, then write a one page plan just for marketing or a one page plan for production, or what have you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Ask all the questions you want.

By the way, love the new avi!!
    Thanks ChaCha!!!

So I've started a Business Plan/System Outline. I think I'm a bit nervous to actually sit down and write the mission statement and goals. I've checked my name, and it's free for use, so I just need to get it trademarked. I know what my focus is for my business, and I know my target market. I just can't quite bring myself to write out a financial goal. I'm still learning my trade, and don't plan on opening for business officially until next year. Everything I'm doing now is free work for practice. As I talk this out though, I think I could open up and do a bit of free work to get my name out there, all while I build my portfolio. But then again, I don't want to open up, sell myself short, then have a hard time charging full price, because my clients expect less. Eh, I think I'll keep my goal of a mid to late summer 2011 launch. (Sorry for the rant, I'm leaving it just it case it could help someone else talk through a decision.)

Are there any books on maintaining a business that anyone can suggest? So far I see a lot about starting, but I'd like to know about the day to day maintenance it takes to keep your operation running smoothly. I was never very business minded. I have always been the irresponsible, naive artist. I hate to admit it, but it's true. I just never thought about the serious stuff, and thought that my talents could get me through. I learned fast that thinking that way gets you no where fast, and your competition with less talent will surpass you.

Home Sweet Home

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking of getting it-but must ask a ques. Since banks arent loaning money anymore for SBs...outside of keeping self accountable...what's the benefit of writing one in 2days economy? Thanks!
    STILL keeping it knotty 1 day at a time ... since '03
    locked since '06
    KnottyAuthor aka Cheleski

The Knotty Truth Series: The OG natural hair care book series on natural hair,culture & science

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast