Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Scalp question

Hey u guys..I just was wondering, has anyone ever had a bad flaky scalp that has to be washed about every three days or so..I also get a flare up around my hair line where it flakes and then it is discolored. It gets lighter than the rest of my skin..just around the hairline. I used kiti kiti grease in that section and it usually goes away. but everyone couple months it comes back and i have to deal with that discoloration and it's embarrassing and depressing. Anyone ever heard of this?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I kinda know what you mean

I haven't heard of the discoloration, but I have this one spot on the front part of my hairline, between the temple and the middle of my forhead, that gets really big scaly flakes. It's really annoying and itchy and no matter how many times I wash it or what I wash with, or oil it, it doesn't go away. Its grayish and scaly and hard and I know I shouldn't do this, but I pick it off...and it keeps coming back...ugh

If anyone knows how to get rid of this, please share your secret

I think its that dermatitis thing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try using a tar shampoo. If you go to a pharmacy website use the search key and you you can find them. Not sure if you have a walgreen's in your area but they have it on sale for $4.99 ($9.99).
    We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. Therefore, embrace the natural inner and outer beauty that he has created in you.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemiannappster2010 View Post
    I haven't heard of the discoloration, but I have this one spot on the front part of my hairline, between the temple and the middle of my forhead, that gets really big scaly flakes. It's really annoying and itchy and no matter how many times I wash it or what I wash with, or oil it, it doesn't go away. Its grayish and scaly and hard and I know I shouldn't do this, but I pick it off...and it keeps coming back...ugh

If anyone knows how to get rid of this, please share your secret

I think its that dermatitis thing.
    ^^^noooo! Don't pick at it, please! By doing that, you're driving the sd deeper, which isn't something you want.

Quote Originally Posted by caribengirl View Post
    Hey u guys..I just was wondering, has anyone ever had a bad flaky scalp that has to be washed about every three days or so..I also get a flare up around my hair line where it flakes and then it is discolored. It gets lighter than the rest of my skin..just around the hairline. I used kiti kiti grease in that section and it usually goes away. but everyone couple months it comes back and i have to deal with that discoloration and it's embarrassing and depressing. Anyone ever heard of this?
    What is kiti kiti grease?
    For both OP's:
    I am interested to know what your hair/scalp cleaning regimen is. This might help us help you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your responses. Well... the kiti kiti grease i first got from my hairdresser....i dont like the fact that it has petrolatum in it but it also has lanolin, sesame oil, sulfur, salicyc acid i think. I only use it around my hairline where i get the discoloration. but now i see they have it in the beauty supply store i go to. Kiti kiti supposedly means healing in egyptian or something like that.

I have tried the coal tar shampoos, acv, mango and lime menthol shampoo. I think that maybe i dont stick to one thing long enough but these tar shampoos dry out my hair so i dont like to use it more than once a week. i went to my family doctor and she said it was SD...this was some years ago..the meds she gave me discolored my hairline and broke it off so i stopped using it and havent been back since. I also tried sea breeze and i think it dried my scalp out even more.

Oh yeah...i also have a bad bad habit of scratching and picking in my scalp too and i've done this for years and i do it more when i'm stressed out..I know it's a horrible habit and I'm trying to stop.

this is so depressing and embarrassing..i hate that i cant keep in my protective styles and that i have to wash every 3 days or it looks like my scalp is snowing. I just hate it hate it hate it. I'm going to try nizoral next..i've heard good things about it and i also know i need to start eating better once again. I would love to be able to go a week without having to wash my hair and be able to keep my style in..that's not alot to ask. I've dealt with this for years and I just dont know what to do about it now. I also notice that when i use certain conditioners that it leaves buildup on my scalp..but i need to condition my hair.

so now I'll try the nizoral shampoo and then a mix of tea tree oil and olive oil for my scalp maybe once or twice a week..and see how that goes. Oh yeah my regime right now was washing with a sulfate free giovanni shampoo and conditioner 2x a week and moisturizing with palmers coconut milk and some miracle oils and then twisting with the carols daughter loc butter...that's really it. but i realized i have to change this to get my scalp under control

any other ideas anyone?
    Last edited by caribengirl; 06-15-2010 at 02:23 PM.