Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    No the match is over.
    That's what I get for relying on someone who knows nothing about football to update me...

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the opening ceremony and the opening game. I think you can tell by my avatar who I'm rooting for... I even have the Brazil flag on my scooter's top case. It's Haiti official team at the World Cup...

I was in Orlando back in '94 and it took me a while to figure out why there were so many Irish flags there, they were playing in that city the week I was there.

Back in 2002, I chose to watch the final game between Brazil and France in French. The TV station carried a feed from a French station (as in from France). Anyway, the analysts and commentator made no attempt at being neutral. The referee was Morrocan and the presenters basically accused FIFA of placating Africa by choosing him and they were certain that every call he made against France was payback for the was Cameroon (I think) was kept out of the final rounds by a questionable call. That made the game more interesting since it was pretty obvious the Brazilians were makjng no effort to win and once France scored that first goal I knew it was over.
    Last edited by Karibana; 06-11-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm American and my man is proud Brit. It's already crazy in our household. lol
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    I'm American and my man is proud Brit. It's already crazy in our household. lol
    talk that trash girl! i predict we're either going to tie OR beat england..

unless they cheat

red card wtf was that guy thinking????

oh and sagna's blond braids GOTStago

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    I was going to come in to say the same thing. I'm just waiting for the game to be over to go for a run.

To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Nike ad for the World Cup , done by the director of Babel.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this ad they show it regularly here along with the hoards of other football ads...anytime its on I stare at the screen for 3 mins!
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][URL="http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135081"]UK Napptural Meetup 2011[/URL][URL="http://www.tickercentral.com"]
    [/URL][/COLOR][/U]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo, my local station was supposed to play National Treasure 2 this evening. Either they forgot to update the TV listings or they realized that not many people were at home watching the opening ceremony at 8am so I get to watch it tonight.

Pixie Hollow: Home of glitter and other sparkle!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually surprised I watched the whole match this morning! I am no where near being a soccer fan, but everyone on Twitter is was soo hyped to watch the World Cup I turned to watch the match between South Africa and Mexico....and kept it there.

I was rooting for South Africa this morning and when they scored this morning I actually screamed! My mom was like, " what is wrong with you??" from downstairs, I said, "I'm watching the World Cups!!" ....*silence*.

I'm just rooting for a different team every match since I don't have a favorite....yet.
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Twitter: Letti_Bug

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    talk that trash girl! i predict we're either going to tie OR beat england..

unless they cheat

red card wtf was that guy thinking????

I don't know what I think will happen between England and US. I can see it going either way. But I agree 100% about homies braids. N'good.

Quote Originally Posted by lilletti0486 View Post
    I'm actually surprised I watched the whole match this morning! I am no where near being a soccer fan, but everyone on Twitter is was soo hyped to watch the World Cup I turned to watch the match between South Africa and Mexico....and kept it there.

I was rooting for South Africa this morning and when they scored this morning I actually screamed! My mom was like, " what is wrong with you??" from downstairs, I said, "I'm watching the World Cups!!" ....*silence*.

I'm just rooting for a different team every match since I don't have a favorite....yet.
    LOL! That's how it was for me when I first got really into watching the WCs. I'm still kinda like that now... I just root for the US until we're out, then I go to Brasil (cos we have a huge Brasilian pop in LA and all the Brasilian restaurants go crazy during WC and it's hecka fun) and then if they go out I drift from team to team until someone wins.
    Last edited by Soul Rebel; 06-12-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast