Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Painting

So I really don't want to pay the astronomical prices I've been quoted to paint my house $3K+ and that's not including if I want different colors...sigh...

Anyhoo is anyone a novice who has painted successfully? I'm thinking I'll start with the powder room, it's small and if it looks crappy then I know I just need to suck it up and get professionals for the rest of the house....

Does anyone have any pics of paint projects you've done in your homes and were successful?? I'm guessing I can do room by room and hopefully be done by the end of summer....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have painted rooms and it is kind of fun. The most annoying part is painting along the edges. For me, the smaller the room the harder it was, because it was harder to move the ladder around.

You can use painter's tape to tape off areas you don't want to paint or you can use one of those long edger things. I use the edger. Oh also they have paint pads that are supposed to be good for the edges near molding.

One bit of advice is to tape a styrofoam plate under your paint can. If you do this, any drips will go on the plate not on the floor. When you get ready to use the roller, make sure you put enough paint on the roller for good wall coverage.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I painted just about every room myself. I did shell out the money to have someone else do the front room and my staircase. I didn't want to have any slipups in such a public area of the house (front room) and my staircase is really high and I just didn't have the right tools (ladder on staircase = bad idea) to paint it. Other than that, my house is 100% self done. Edges are annoying, as mentioned earlier, but you can get a little tool that does edges - its well worth the $3. Definitely put the styrofoam plate under the paint can! You'll be glad you did!
    Last CFC: August 25, 2008
    BC: December 24, 2009