Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Product Questions

Hi. I just went to Sally's Beauty Supply today & bought what the lady there recommended for my hair. I will list the 2 products and would like any feedback u have about them. 1) BB's (Bronner Bros.) Foam Moisturizing wrapping lotion. It says no alcohol. and 2) Beyond the Zone Noodle Head kick up ur curls curling creme. Has anybody ever used either one? What did u think of them? She also told me to make sure my shampoo and conditioner say moisturizing. I was like I don't need an oil or leave in cond or anything? She said no just those 2 things. I was like ok. See she says the foam is like a moisturizer so my hair doesn't get dried out and I guess that creme is supposed to be better than a gel. I dunno. I told her I had heard u should wash ur hair like every 4 days to a week she said she does hers every 2 days. Any thoughts on that? And do I need to be sleeping with a satin cap or pillowcase? I haven't been but will probably start. I haven't really been taking care of my hair cuz I don't know how to. I know I want my routine to be very simple. I don't want to have to waste a lot of time on my hair. Oh and she offered me some product called Miracle 14 or something like that but one look at the ingredients and I was like no thanks. (It had mineral oil in it) Anyways. Thanks for ur time. Bye.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you for reading the ingredients.

Beyond the Zone Noodle Head kick up ur curls curling creme. Has anybody ever used either one? I used it, it was just ok. I wasn't too keen on the ingredients.

She also told me to make sure my shampoo and conditioner say moisturizing. I was like I don't need an oil or leave in cond or anything? What you need depends on you. Some people like/need oils and/or leave-ins, some don't. Ingredients are the key. A product label might say "moisturizing" because that's what marketing companies use to get us to buy their products, but if theproduct has mineral oil, petrolatum, isopropyl alcohol, -cones in it, then...

I told her I had heard u should wash ur hair like every 4 days to a week she said she does hers every 2 days. Any thoughts on that? That depends on you. Some people shampoo, some choose to cowash. I shampoo once a week if I have buildup. If I have no buildup, then I cowash. I usually cowash everyday, apply a leave-in, alove vera gel which is a styler and moisturizer, then I seal with an oil. An oil is important if you are trying to seal in moisture. This may not work for you because everyone's hair si different. I will say that every 2 days seems like a bit much, unless your hair is oily.

And do I need to be sleeping with a satin cap or pillowcase? Yes, this will help protect your hair and keep it moisturized and prevent breakage. It also helps to keep whatever is in your hair from transferring onto your face if you toos and turn while you sleep.

Kimmaytube has awesome videos about haircare. http://www.youtube.com/user/kimmaytube

HTH
    Any and all disagreements will be settled with a dance off. Bring your cardboard!

Need a D-500 hair steamer? Live in the DMV? PM me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent tried any of the products you listed but i wanted to say that my hair does just fine with no oil in my routine

i agree with the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. i use both and i make sure they always have humectants in the ingredients

as far as washing , i think it depends on the hair but when i cowash my hair daily my hair grows like weeds. unfortunately that's a little harder now that i don't have a TWA.

Yes to the cap or pillowcase.

good luck