Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Standing strong!!

Hello everyone! I am new to NP, and have decided to go all the way this time with going natural. I have tried once before, but broke down after 9 months from frustation and inexperience on what to do with my natural hair. This time, I am sticking to it! No if, ands, or buts. Currently I have a a short relaxed hair cut, with a tappered back. So I am pretty use to having short hair all the time. It has been 7 weeks since my last relaxeer, I can not do chemical relaxing anymore, endured enough dry, brittle, and broken hair. This time however, I do not feel like going through the transistioning stage, and contemplate the BC. I am curious as to know how much new growth do I need to do this? I am also nervous about how I will look, but I guess I have to be willing to step out there and take a chance.

All in all, I am looking forward to my new natural journey, it is much needed adn overdue!

Tercassa

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations on taking the leap.

You can big chop at your discretion. Some girls do it right away, some wait untill their natural hair has grown some before they cut. Some never bc but do a bunch of mini chops till it's gone. In your case you may want to wait untill you are sure but I would say you may as well do the bc sooner then later. Because the back of your hair will be more relaced then natural before you know it. Besides doing a big chop let's you enjoy natural hair through all the lengths.

Congrats again and just remember to be patient because this is a journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome.

You don't need much hair at all to do the bc. It can be cut as short as you like and need.

Good luck and please share pics after you cut. See you around the site.