Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Natural Hair Obsession

Natural Hair Obsession

^^^That's the title of a video I watched on youtube last night.
    It's a young lady (who is musically talented and good at photography) but she also used to do natural hair tutorials.

I found her about 2 years ago, and enjoyed her videos.

I was a tad bit shocked that she being natural would title a video "Natural Hair Obession".

Check out this video and give me your thoughts. I was speechless for awhile.

"Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it. I don't really know what to say other than this young woman has some good points and she seems like she's upset and she is very young. I understand some of the points she is trying to make and to each his own.
    "No woman should believe that in order to be beautiful you have to be the opposite of what you are."
    -T'keyah Crystal Keymah

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this and I really don't like the video at all. It seems like she's mad that natural hair is almost everywhere. She seems mad that there are so many different YT channels on natural hair. She should be happy about that, instead of just calling the natural hair movement a "fad." A lot of stuff she said I kind of just rolled my eyes at. Even though I don't agree, she is entitled to her own opinion.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could only watch 3 min. She bores me. Some of her observations are good, but girl, it ain't that serious. She said at some point: "I'm scared. I don't know what's going to happen." Ooooookaaaaaay. But she's apparently an artist, so maybe this is just an experiment. Whatevs.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spinsterella View Post
    I could only watch 3 min. She bores me.
    You're better than me. I was done at 1:03.

Just another random person with a random opinion that I'm not interested in suffering through.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking my cue from one of the comments: She sounds like a fan of some underground band that's suddenly become popular and now she's upset because the new fans don't appreciate them the way she does. Aww

Still, despite the rambling, condescension, and fear-mongering (really, now?), I deciphered her meaning. I agree with her, but I'm not lamenting the thing as though the entire natural world will suddenly come under the sway of curl-obsessed overlords.

For some, it's part of the journey toward hair acceptance. Some shed the idea. Some don't. Bottom line, none of us will view natural hair with the same eyes, so deal with it.

The way she cut her eyes at the camera after threatening to remove her videos as if waiting for her fans to beg her to keep them up? That made me laugh.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video reminds me of the dreaded "I'm Leaving (and going back to relaxers)" thread. When she mentioned unsubscribing from her channel and that she's not in it for the numbers, she had to pause and do a double-take on herself.. lol.

What is she so "scared" of? Why does a coily girl have to be chasing mixed hair? What's wrong with spraying the hair (like reapplying face powder)? What's wrong with lots of YT vids? Why the hateration, sister?

pierka is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she sounds so upset and depressed but she has a point when talking about some stuff though
    i finally refound the real me in my natural hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spinsterella View Post
    I could only watch 3 min. She bores me. Some of her observations are good, but girl, it ain't that serious. She said at some point: "I'm scared. I don't know what's going to happen." Ooooookaaaaaay. But she's apparently an artist, so maybe this is just an experiment. Whatevs.

The bolded tripped me out. What is she scared for?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...thanks for breakin it down for us, boo, in your own little "i'm so different"and at the same time conscious, emo, enlightened and dramatic kind of way... you almost had me convinced you are "deep".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast