Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coilycurly View Post
    Perhaps you could try a scalp scrub before washing next time to lift that layer so it can be washed away?

Brown sugar plus just enough conditioner to make a paste/scrub. Section your hair and make loose braids. Apply the scrub to the parts and then try as far as possible to work it into the base of the loose braids. Be gentle!

Jump into shower, undo braids and rinse out scrub under warm water. Sugar dissolves so don't worry about ending up with particles in your hair. Then wash your hair as normal.

If it works for exfoliation on other parts of the body....
    Yes! This works! I did this last night, and I absolutely love how clean my scalp feels when I do it. I usually do this about once a month because I have dandruff and this helps to relieve the itching for weeks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you could try a scalp scrub before washing next time to lift that layer so it can be washed away?

Brown sugar plus just enough conditioner to make a paste/scrub. Section your hair and make loose braids. Apply the scrub to the parts and then try as far as possible to work it into the base of the loose braids. Be gentle!

Jump into shower, undo braids and rinse out scrub under warm water. Sugar dissolves so don't worry about ending up with particles in your hair. Then wash your hair as normal.

Ooh that does sound really nice. I'll definitely be giving that a try. I'm a little bit of a peppermint freak so I will definitely be adding a few drops to that mixture.
    Yeah. I said it.

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay, Wastin' Time
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I'm going to have to try that, although I don't think my hair is long enough for the braid part to work I imagine that would feel great on my scalp as it's also like a gentle way to scratch. LOL

I don't want to try castille soap, I tried it once when I was transitioning and my hair did not like it at ALL

But I think I will get one of those things with a cone tip on it to try a shampoo with some sulfate in it to keep it off of my strands as much as possible, my strands are doing great, it's my scalp that's giving me fits lately.
    BC: May 22, 2010

My Hair Blog
    : Back2MyRoots
    Last Updated: October 3, 2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^You could just section with claw clips. I got on to this recently and I love it. I am aiming to do this at least once a month. It feels fantastic (it gives me goosebumps) and my scalp feels so CLEAN after.

For the record, sodium laureth sulfate is gentler than sodium lauryl sulfate. They are both pretty strong cleansers but every little bit, right? If I do a sulfate cleanse I a) don't expect my hair to feel as soft as after a low poo or co-wash
    b) up the ante on the moisture after washing. Deep treatment, moisturizing leave-in.

Sulfates won't kill your hair if used once in a very great while i.e. when you really need it. No sulfate shampoo has ever made my hair feel as horrible as baking soda.
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12