Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need Sisterlocks Help

I have 5 year old locs...they are now about shoulder length in some places. Problem is that they are thinning at the ends (not at the root..) and breaking off...what can I do...the ends start to unravel when the little ball at the end of the loc comes off. Sometimes I lose 2 inches or more when the break off. Any suggestions? How can I stop the unraveling or even better, how can I stop the thinning...?
    May the road rise up to meet you...may the wind be ever at your back...(Irish Prayer)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has your consultant given you any suggestions? I wonder if your hair diet needs a tweak, more moisture, deep conditioning, drink more water internally?
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vetpoo View Post
    I have 5 year old locs...they are now about shoulder length in some places. Problem is that they are thinning at the ends (not at the root..) and breaking off...what can I do...the ends start to unravel when the little ball at the end of the loc comes off. Sometimes I lose 2 inches or more when the break off. Any suggestions? How can I stop the unraveling or even better, how can I stop the thinning...?
    After 5 years, you shouldn't see any unraveling. Maybe you need to have your ends re-latched. How are you styling? Are you using a curling iron or flat iron?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have clients with this problem. Do you live where there is hard water? You may need a water softner or a water filter in your shower. Also, make sure you are putting oil on your end or some type of moisturizer.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys...thanks for the replies...! I don't spritz daily...maybe I should go back to that! My stylist does not have anything to say about it. My diet is really bad but I am trying to do a better job with drinking water and eating fruits and veggies...I don't moisturize but I can start! I don't use curling or flat irons. The only braid and unbraid and put my hair on curlers on occasion. I don't use any heat. I can look into relatching the ends? Maybe that would work...

How would I go about doing that...
    May the road rise up to meet you...may the wind be ever at your back...(Irish Prayer)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vetpoo View Post
    I can look into relatching the ends? Maybe that would work...

How would I go about doing that...
    SLs and latched locks in general are created from the tip on down. If there is any unraveling at the end, do the same motion as if you were starting a new lock.

Look at this video. See how she is locking the ends first and then working down to the root.