User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: What is the most your hair has grown in 1 full year? And post about what has had good effects on you

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 inches or less

29 37.66%
  • 6-7 inches

34 44.16%
  • 8-9 inches

9 11.69%
  • 10-12 inches

3 3.90%
  • 14-16 inches

1 1.30%
  • 16 or more inches

1 1.30%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Medusa Negrita Guest

About 8 inches I think. I measure with a ruler. I just pull a small chunk of hair straight up or out, put the end of a ruler to my scalp where that chunka hair is and smooth it out along the ruler until I get the end and leave my finger on the spot where it ends and bring it down to look at at. I usually measure top, back, and sides because all that has different lengths by at least 1-2 inches with my top being the longest, sides being the shortest, and back in between. I have barely surpassed a 12 inch ruler so I would say my longest has probably been 12.5 to 13 inches.

When I first cut down to a baldie or near baldie look back in Nov or Dec I was frustrated that I didn't seem to be surpassing that after so many years... or whenever I did my ends would start to fray and I'd cut them. That last cut on those frayed ends just kinda sent me overboard and I cut off like 4 inches myself then. Then I didn't like it so I went to a barber and had like 6 more inches cut off. 3 weeks later I cut off another 2 inches.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by slikycurls@Jun 4 2004, 10:32 PM
    For real what did you do add 10in extentions to your 4 in growth cuz sister I don't see it happening

I know that's right!:thumbsup
    Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by prettynappy+Jun 4 2004, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (prettynappy @ Jun 4 2004, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slikycurls@Jun 4 2004, 10:32 PM
    For real what did you do add 10in extentions to your 4 in growth cuz sister I don&#39;t see it happening

I know that&#39;s right!:thumbsup [/b][/quote]
    Do I sense some hair hating. I&#39;ve grown about 14 inches of natural hair from my scalp in the past year. It is all real, all mine, and all natural. If you haven&#39;t had the kind of growth that I have had and you want it well too bad ,but there is no need to hate. And as the saying goes God don&#39;t like ugly, so I really don&#39;t think hating on my hair will get you more.

:heart

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did someone say....HATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*RIPS HAIR OUT FROM ROOT AND RUNS OUT OF THREAD*
    http://static.flickr.com/30/97152425_cadcb41786_m.jpg
    what happened to the good ole days?</span>
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../party0035.gif

mi pelo, mi pelo, mi pelo!!!

fotki pw: <span style="color:#3366FF">stankonia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by beautiful1@Jun 4 2004, 06:15 PM
    Well first I would like to say that average hair growth is about 6 inches per year ,which means that there are many people that grow less or more than six inches per years but 6 is just average ,so I don&#39;t think that people should figure that their hair has to grow 6 inches per year for it to be healthy. Next you have to take genetics into play ,and after that heritage I am about 87% African (from african decent,and creole) 10% Hispanic ,and 3% Cherokee. So my many different backrounds may have alot to do with my growth, but I doubt that it is the main attribute b/c my older sister has only had 9 inches of growth at the most in a year.
    I might be asking a stupid question, but what does your genetic make-up have to do with hair growth? :-P Hair growth is hair growth. I always thought that this was a human attribute about hair growing on average 6 inches per year, regardless of racial breakdown. I&#39;m not doubting what you&#39;re saying -- if your hair grew 14 inches in a year, then ok, it did. But maybe I&#39;m wrong, the genetic make-up part was just a little unneccessary.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve been natural 1 yr. on 6/19 :razz My hair was about .5 ins. after the bc...now, it&#39;s about 5ins.(but I&#39;ve had 2 trims.. :cen .5ins each time) So I guess I have had about 5.5 to 6ins. of growth in a year. Beautiful1, if my hair grew as fast as yours, i don&#39;t think I&#39;d know how to act! I&#39;d probably have my hand in it so much that I&#39;d cause it to come out! :rolling Oh, the things I could do with 12ins. of hair! :bis I CAN&#39;T WAIT! :rainfro

PenCurls is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by beautiful1@Jun 4 2004, 06:15 PM
    I am about 87% African (from african decent,and creole) 10% Hispanic ,and 3% Cherokee. So my many different backrounds may have alot to do with my growth
    I ain&#39;t eeeeeven going to touch this. Yes, I believe this thread will be closed but not because of how it started. But once certain posters see THIS particular quote & run you thru the wringer, it&#39;s gonna be nasty up in here. Good luck.

If you really did achieve this remarkable growth in such a short period of time, I say bottle it up (a la Madame CJ Walker) & make yourself some money, girl.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PenCurls+Jun 4 2004, 06:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PenCurls @ Jun 4 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-beautiful1@Jun 4 2004, 06:15 PM
    I am about 87% African (from african decent,and creole) 10% Hispanic ,and 3% Cherokee. So my many different backrounds may have alot to do with my growth
    I ain&#39;t eeeeeven going to touch this. Yes, I believe this thread will be closed but not because of how it started. But once certain posters see THIS particular quote & run you thru the wringer, it&#39;s gonna be nasty up in here. Good luck.

If you really did achieve this remarkable growth in such a short period of time, I say bottle it up (a la Madame CJ Walker) & make yourself some money, girl. [/b][/quote]
    ITA with what you said!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PenCurls+Jun 4 2004, 07:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PenCurls @ Jun 4 2004, 07:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-beautiful1@Jun 4 2004, 06:15 PM
    [/b][/quote]
    And not to mention that many Hispanics are from African origin, so that doesn&#39;t quite add up either...

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast