Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Transitioning with extreme dryness

I have tried so many things co washing, oils butters everything my hair is like the desert it is so dry. I don't know what to do. I have never had issues with dryness when I had a relaxer. I always sleep with a satin bonnet on. I am so frustrated I don't know what else to do. I am too afraid to bc because my family would freak out. I have been transitioning almost 5 months. The hair that is nearest to my scalp is soft and pliable; but the other growth after that is like a Brillo pad dry coarse and hard. I have been wearing twist outs and a phony pony. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate I will try anything.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That a lot of product, have you clarifyied and chelated? Are you using a water based moisturizer? Even if you did, it would be pretty hard for water to get to you hair if there is too much gunk in the way.

Also, it would help if we could hear of your regimen.
    Last edited by Yoshi3329; 08-02-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Transitioning; Type: 4c; Staples: Ceramides, porosity control, cellophane/glaze, & anything that comes in a vial, ampoule, packs or a tube.

*Official 2010 Ceramides Challenge*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not used a clarifying shampoo and I have never heard of chelating. The moisturizers I have been using are all water based with no petroleum or mineral oil. I wash once a week deep condition overnight with organic root stimulator replenish I try to co wash twice a week. Oh by the way what is a ceramide I have never heard of this. Thank you very much for responding to my post I really appreciate it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the product list on your conditioners. Some contain alcohol or sulfates, both of which will dry your hair. Invest in a sulfate-free shampoo. That has made a world of difference for me.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try a clarifying shampoo, I see you use a lot of conditioning agents. A chelate is a shampoo that get inside (cortex level)your hair and cleans it. Shampoo and clarifyers only get on the outside for buildup. Chelates bring out any minerals that have bonded to your hair. Many minerals come from hard water.

Ceramides? Are you referring to my siggy? Here's a link. Hope that helped.
    Transitioning; Type: 4c; Staples: Ceramides, porosity control, cellophane/glaze, & anything that comes in a vial, ampoule, packs or a tube.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile transitioning

Hi there!

This is my 1st post I am a brand new transitioner (3 mths now). I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you're referring to "scab hair." I've read in various forums that the hair directly beneath your last bit of relaxed hair is sometimes so damaged from the relaxers that it grows in like that. One particular person said this hair stayed with her until her hair was long enough to chop that part off (obviously a long time). Try looking up the term scab hair. Good luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile OMG What a difference

I want to thank you YOSHI3329. On Thursday I clarified with Giovanni clarify shampoo and deep conditioned with Nexxus Humectres and sealed with coconut oil and my hair is not as dry and crispy as it was. I looked at your link and I will be investing in a chelating clarifying poo and a ceramide leave in. I do live in an area that has hard water although we have a water softener, that is probably mineral build up on my hair that made it so dry. Thank you again. I have to figure out how to upload pics for the album but I am loving my twist bantu knot out and its not crazy dry in the back. Happy to be nappy. Peace girl.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Your so welcome! And another ceramide converter! You're so not gonna regret it! ceramides made my hair go from soft cotton to satin! No lie! I barely get any knots and tangles and I'm 8 months post!

I'm a HUGE ceramide fan!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the name of soem products with cermaides, and chelating shampoos?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the feeling. I feel like my hair is Dry and brittle too for some reason. I washed, and moisturized and sealed it. I used Giovanni Hydrating Clarifying Shampoo. I also used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner (That Conditioner was sooo beautiful my hair got real slick with it when I used it as a leave in while my hair was still wet. I sealed the moisture with KBB Heavenly Jojoba Hair Oil. Is there anything else I Should be using? I am still waiting on my Castor Oil? When I put my hands in my hair its obviously moisturized because I can see the oil on my hands. Any advice for me? I have too many products. I am tired of buying stuff lol.