Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which is easier to detangle - long hair or short hair?

When I had a twa, it was so easy to detangle . Then my hair started to grown and it was not so easy anymore . My hair is thick/dense, its coarse and I have a coil pattern in most parts of hair. Detangling is a horror ! I currently have about 4-5.5inches of hair! My friend will long natural hair says longer hair is harder to detangle. I do not agree with her. I feel the added length makes it easy to section, get product in and there's a length the comb/brush thru in d detangling process .

What say you?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it easier to detangle with shorter hair because all I used was conditioner and a Conair conditioner comb and just went through my hair at once. This led to breakage, of course, but it allowed me to get done in a shorter amount of time. Now that my hair is longer, I feel that detangling is just as easier and even better. I know more now compared to when my hair was shorter. I take my time, wash and detangle my hair in sections, and I don't just rake the conditioner comb through my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def. short hair. My hair isn't all that long but it is longer than when I first bcd and at that time all I had to do was condition and run my fingers through it. Now I gotta sit in the bathtub for like an hour with a pot of oil, a pot of conditioner, a bottle of shampoo, and a wide tooth comb. I gotta handle each section separately 'cause if I try to do it all at once it's gonna sneak up on me and strangle me in it's tangles.
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ LadyBug and MissQueenie: Freal? mayb I have this problem cos my hair is dense, coarse and coily! I just tried detangling in sections and altho it took almost the same amount of time as not detangling..I can confidently say my hair was more detangled than it had ever been after it started to gro out of a TWA.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer your original question: short hair. There's less of it, and therefore, less to do.

Meanwhile when my hair was longer I had to take time and work through my hair in sections, etc. Getting them to stay in sections if I chose to clip them down was another issue entirely.

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to loose hair

more hair = more time

The more you have of almost anything, really, the more time you're going to have to put into taking care of it.
    I feel the added length makes it easy to section, get product in and there's a length the comb/brush thru in d detangling process .

What you're not realizing is that the longer your hair is, the more tangled it can get.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely shorter hair. With longer hair, I have to do everything in sections, but sectioning involves a whole other layer of detangling (coily, coarse and thick here, too). Then, to put it simply, more hair equals more to detangle. It's rare that I can get a comb or even my fingers from root to tip in one pass, where as I could with shorter hair. I'm not complaining, really, but detangling longer hair is a whole new animal to tame.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me having short hair...its awesome detangling my hair. sumtimes all i gotta do it spritz with my water an papaya seed oil mixture (oil squeezed right outta the papaya seeds, a painstaking process lol) and add my coconut oil, then i comb backwards starting at the front of my head which creates the style i want. in my opinion as the hair gets longer (the awkward length stage) then it gets harder to detangle, but when you get alotta length, it gets easier again.
    http://images.meez.com/user/3/5/7/8/...ot_175x233.gif
    I'M BACK IN THE GAME BABY!!!

Locking it up TSTs locked for 2 days HA!!!!! })

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My short hair was a breeze to detangle. My long hair would take DAYS.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On short hair
    Conditioner + shower comb + running water = quick & easy.

I have learned the rules to keep my longer hair from tangling too much,
    and when I follow them, detangling is as easy as when my hair was shorter.
    It just takes a little longer because I'm working in sections.

TL;DR - Co-signing what the other ladies said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Pics
    How to Post Pics in a Thread
    Short Hair? Don't Care!
    You can make a peace with the world that brings chaos into yourself. You can make a peace with yourself that brings chaos amid the world. Intellexual

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me -- long hair is the easiest to detangle (probably due to my curls stretching out more). I found medium-length hair to be the most difficult to detangle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast