Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Christians and Strippers protest one another in Ohio

Original Source & Full Article: Columbus Dispatch -- Hi, OHRhonda. lol Get your people! --

Video: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...-at-church.xml
    [...]
    Greg Flaig is executive director of the Ohio Owners Coalition, a group of showbar and club owners. He called the women's protest extraordinary, saying he's never heard of anything like it in the country.

George said the protest has been a long time coming. He sued the church in federal court several years ago, claiming a violation of his constitutional rights, but he lost. Now, he said, turnabout is fair play.

"When these morons go away, we'll go away," George said. "The great thing about this country is that everyone has a right to believe what they want."

[...]
    Gina Hughes spent the morning soaking up the sun in her striped bikini, mostly oblivious to the fire and brimstone being preached in the tidy church building.

The 30-year-old married mother of six said she has danced at the Foxhole for a decade and holds the title of "house mom." That means that even though she still dances, she also watches out for the six other women who work there.

She said she makes $2,000 a week.

"These church people say horrible things about us," Hughes said. "They say we're homewreckers and whores. The fact of the matter is, we're working to keep our own homes together, to give our kids what they need."

Dunfee said it's not that simple. He said he consistently offers the women help, a chance at redemption.

"I tell them, 'I will put a roof over your heads, and your bills will be paid, and your children's bellies will be full,'" he said. Yet they don't come inside.

The first few weeks, Dunfee piped the sermon outside. But that "agitated" them, he said, and made them dance in the streets.

He said their presence has united his church members and reinvigorated their mission to shut down the club.

"They have now seen the evil firsthand," Dunfee said. "This has just made us stronger."

George laughed at that notion.

"They're just mad," he said, "because their wives won't let them come to my club."
    There is substance behind this particular pimp war. I teased much of the article, but they're both grimy with it.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 08-10-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intellexual View Post
    -- hi, ohrhonda. Lol get your people! --
    lol !!!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see you Intell, and raise you, Cutie! *sighs- why another news story from Ohio*