Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading on another thread how "Black babies don't get adopted" and I was thinking. Hmmm...is it that rare? I do find that agencies are tripping over themselves many times to get us signed because they say they need more Black adoptive parents.

My husband and I adopted our son when he was 6 days old (he is almost 3 now), and are thinking of starting the process over again.

Are there any more of us rare anomalies on this board?

[url="http://public.fotki.com/LondaLocs/loc-journey/"][b]My Loc Journey[/b][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an adoptive parent, but am not black. It is true that agencies have a hard time finding enough black families for black children who need homes. Our first adopted daughter is 1/2 black and second one is nearly all black. (We only waited 3 weeks for both of them because there aren't enough families who don't care about the race of the baby). Adoption has been one of the best decisions we have ever made. Both of our girls are beautiful and we are thrilled to have them in our family. My four year old biological son used to ask all the time when his fair skinned baby cousins were going to turn brown. He thought that babies were supposed to be brown like his sisters. Cute.

KIm

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like just the two of us huh I don't know how much you do the message board thing, but I co-admin an adoption board. Its fairly active, and there are quite a few other transracial families (we have all types of parents there intl/foster-to-adopt/domestic/etc) there. It is a very supportive group. If you want, I can PM (once I figure out how to here) you the address.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/LondaLocs/loc-journey/"][b]My Loc Journey[/b][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be great! I really want my girls to grow up knowing other kids like them. We have several kids in our neighborhood that are adopted, but none that are the same age as my girls (2 and 2 months). Our adoption agency is really good and has an annual picnic, but once a year isn't going to be enough. If you want you could e-mail me directly.

kim@peterzone.org

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed you