Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Male attention to Natural hair..

Today i took my dog for a walk around my estate ..everyone on my estate is white working/middle class. Its not unusual to pass groups of boys or kids playing outside their houses. ANYWHOO today when walking the dog i happend to notice a group of builders (all men) working on a new building. Now as all us women know, builders have a reputation for cat calls and wolf whistles, so i prepared for the looks and 'hey sexy' as i approached them. HOWEVER the opposite happend, the builders paid more attention to my dog than me, infact they hardly looked up let alone looking twice!! This did shock me as normally builders (particularly in my area) will gawp at anything female. So i felt a little dissapointed (hehe i know its 'rude' to cat call but hey a girl likes to know shes on point!! haha)

However... as i continued on my walk i saw a group of teenage boys (around 14 - 16years old) coming towards me ...i initially thought 'i bet their gonna make some smartass ignorant comment about my hair' but i was shocked when i got the oppsoite ...instead THEY started to call out cat calls and look me up sayign i was 'hot'. WHAT A SHOCKER!!
    Anyways i was just wondering has male attention changed for any of you with natural hair? have any of you noticed a different group of people pay you any extra attention?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it hasnt. i have H cup boobs guys are usually too busy gawking at those to notice there's a head attached

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More white, hispanic, and asian men are interested in me (seeing an asian now). Mid 20's and early 30's mostly. Every so often, OLDER white dudes hit on me (not fun). I can't get a black men in my age range to turn his head at me. Weird since years ago, my hair was chewed up by the relaxer, I was bothered all the time and cat called and called out my name by black men. Now, black dudes don't dig me. Well, I did have that one African dude stalk me from shop to shop when I was natural that one time, but I hope that doesn't count
    Last edited by Kurliez; 08-16-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: after thought and correcting typos and grammar...urgh!!!
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha funny, umm stalking is kinda a compliment i guess in a wierd sort of 'i dig you' kinda way :L xx

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life is strange. That is all I can say to summarize my responses lately. When I was relaxed I got an esteem-boosting amount of attention from black males. After I went natural, I was approached by more non-black males-- A LOT more. Here in Paraguay, South America I've been scraping men off of me (partly because they think I'm "exotic") and wearing a crinkly fro just adds to the appeal, I guess. Anyway, overall, I've received more positive attention from non-blacks since being natural.

Not complaining. Just seems strange.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is!! i think its because non-blacks arent caught up in the 'good hair, bad hair, dark skin, light skin' superiority thing! Oh well its good to have variety x

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    it hasnt. i have H cup boobs guys are usually too busy gawking at those to notice there's a head attached
    LOL!!!!!

It really hasn't made a difference per se, but as I posted in another thread, brothers really try to holla when I'm sporting my BAA or a fly twistout. Once I was approached by a man in his car driving in the parking lot while I was walking toward DSW. Another time a man approached me while we were at the red light. Another time a truck driver in an 18 wheeler signaled that he loved my hair, and let me get over in his lane (traffic was horrible on the interstate that day.) One time as I was at the counter in a diner paying for my lunch, a man said "Now see, you have that REAL hair. I like it." Sometimes I just get the "Dang, look at her... who is SHE?" stares from dudes when I walk into a place. Even though I am happily married, I must admit that it is an ego boost when men try to flirt. I think sometimes my hair just helps me to stand out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the spirit!! Reading stories like that make me start to appreciate my natural hair a lot more... ...i should quit worrying and use it to my advantage to stand out like you have

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dam i hope sum black men like my hair cuz i got a very short barely 2 inch twa n im goin 2 college soon n i aint in2 white dudes *cry* if thats the case imma b alone for a very loooooooong time *makes plans to buy a vibrator*
    http://images.meez.com/user/3/5/7/8/...ot_175x233.gif
    I'M BACK IN THE GAME BABY!!!

Locking it up TSTs locked for 2 days HA!!!!! })

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I've always gotten attention from men but I've noticed that men from other races are really trying to holier! Lol! That's funny to me..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast