Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Warning: Salon 2

I had the worst natural hair experience in a long time at Salon 2 in Boston, MA. Here is a review I wrote on their Google web page that pretty much sums everything up:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...45279638723156

First, I'll give all due credit to the stylist who accepted me without an appointment and who took the time to roller-set my very thick hair into a gorgeous style.
    Which leads to my complaint...that stylist took me without an appointment because the stylist I had an appointment with (Debbie) was completely unprofessional. Debbie...
    1. Literally complained about my having "too much/ too thick hair" when I sat down.
    2. Insisted that she didn't know I made an appointment for a deep conditioner and roller set. I had called 3 days in advance.
    3. Heard styling advice/ suggestions from another stylist, and in response handed me off with a very gruff attitude.
    What "stylist" does this?
    I felt that the salon, like most salons, only really knows how to service straightened Afro-American hair. One of the stylists, Eric, has dreadlocks, but even he balked at the texture and thickness of my hair.
    I described my hair to the receptionist in detail when I made the appointment, but apparently she ignored what I was saying. I will not be returning to this salon.
    For those looking for someone who treats thick natural Afro-American hair with respect, try MonicaTodd in Roxbury. They use heat straightening a lot, but they don't treat you like you're an abomination to nature, either.
    I'd straighten my hair, but that style doesn't really look good on me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is even more sad is when you have people who have the same hair texture and thickness as we do and THEY complain and act like there is something wrong with it... I have a problem with that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IndividualME View Post
    What is even more sad is when you have people who have the same hair texture and thickness as we do and THEY complain and act like there is something wrong with it... I have a problem with that.
    I know, right? I expected some positivity from the brother with dreads. On top of that, Debbie is an AA woman, but with one of those stringy half-fried quasi relaxers that's supposed to look "curly."
    I'd straighten my hair, but that style doesn't really look good on me.