Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Baby Locs started w/ Old Locs

Hello Loc'd family,

I've been lurking for a bit, but now i'm back and I wanted to know if anyone had started a baby loc by recycling an old loc (maybe one snipped from a 2HD for example)?

Well I did today because 1) I was curious and 2) I have this patch of hair near my temple that has been growing, but it's quite thin from years of creamy crack abuse. I'm trying to fill in this patch with a new loc and possibly the other side too if I have enough growth. I was just experimenting w/ the idea and the end result it pretty good. I have some pics explaining what I did step by step and a video.
    blog

Check them out and let me know what you've done because I have some other (mature) locs that need to be fixed and I plan to attach some old locs to them (previously snipped from 2HD's). I'm also curious about the different ways you've attached yours, so feel free to share.
    Natural since Dec. 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWEET! I'll have to remember this for when mine get longer....lol....a good deal longer.......
    1st BC: Mar '04 2nd BC: Aug '06 Last CFC: July '09..Last BC: Jan '10
    Started my locs: 7/29/10 yeah!!!
    Blog:http://mindofaladybug.blogspot.com Website:http://www.youtube.com/user/mindofaladybug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i normally do is basically the same thing that you do except after i braid the baby loc and the former 2hd together i just take a piece of yarn and braid it around the loc to reinforce it. Thats not with baby locs tho, thats normally with locs that are thinning in the middle(off topic?).
    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOOOOOVE it!!! I will def have to try this. I have some loose hair in the back on the nape that just wont stay braided no matter what. I think I will try this.
    Natural since 2007
    Braidloc'd since 10/08
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible."- Audrey Hepburn

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I washed my hair today and my new lock slipped out. I'm not surprised considering how short my baby loc was to begin with, but I guess i'll just wait for more new growth or just leave it alone. At least I tried something.
    Natural since Dec. 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that. It looked good.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dewdrop View Post
    Update: I washed my hair today and my new lock slipped out. I'm not surprised considering how short my baby loc was to begin with, but I guess i'll just wait for more new growth or just leave it alone. At least I tried something.
    Well it was a great attempt....you're right, you may just need to wait a lil longer than try it again....
    1st BC: Mar '04 2nd BC: Aug '06 Last CFC: July '09..Last BC: Jan '10
    Started my locs: 7/29/10 yeah!!!
    Blog:http://mindofaladybug.blogspot.com Website:http://www.youtube.com/user/mindofaladybug