Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Youtube as a marketing/branding tool

I love youtube. It's such a beast as far as the amount of information that is on there. I watch make up tutorials and I've notices that almost every one with a following has a link to their online store on their videos. I think thats great and it has me thinking of ways that I can seamlessly integrate Youtube with my business. I have a channel for my hair videos and I have a channel for my business. The hair channel gets used way more but I'd like to change that.

Do any of you use youtube for your business?
    THiNK PiNK!~Nappy & loving it since 6.25.05~
    public.fotki.com/Loquacious1
    Be Decadent! Decadentindustries.net
    COMING SOON - DecadentBeauty.net
    Ad Approval Code: N1311

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a clothing line, you will have to do more than YouTube. It's just one piece of the puzzle.

Try working on creating a complete social media plan to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and maybe even a blog.

You make Plus Size clothes, right? How about creating a blog around image and style creation for the Plus Size women. Offer tips, ideas, photos, profiles of styling PSDs, etc. Start with the blog and auto link the blog updates to FaceBook and Twitter. In your blog, make sure to have video clips integrated. You will host the videos on YouTube to tie it all together.

Create an online style show. Doing the video clips is easy. Most computers already have video editing software loaded. You could use something as simple as Windows Movie Maker. I'm sure you know a lot of people with style know how. Sit them down, ask them a few questions and boom, you've got a video. Keep the vids short (10 min) to stay within the YouTube rules.

The trick to social media is to update on a regular basis. Check out free online webinars on using social media: http://www.score.org/online_workshops.html

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    For a clothing line, you will have to do more than YouTube. It's just one piece of the puzzle.

Try working on creating a complete social media plan to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and maybe even a blog.

You make Plus Size clothes, right? How about creating a blog around image and style creation for the Plus Size women. Offer tips, ideas, photos, profiles of styling PSDs, etc. Start with the blog and auto link the blog updates to FaceBook and Twitter. In your blog, make sure to have video clips integrated. You will host the videos on YouTube to tie it all together.

Create an online style show. Doing the video clips is easy. Most computers already have video editing software loaded. You could use something as simple as Windows Movie Maker. I'm sure you know a lot of people with style know how. Sit them down, ask them a few questions and boom, you've got a video. Keep the vids short (10 min) to stay within the YouTube rules.

The trick to social media is to update on a regular basis. Check out free online webinars on using social media: http://www.score.org/online_workshops.html
    Thanks ChaCha. I have a my blog decadentindustries.net that I've been using since day one, the twitter account that I've had for about a year and the facebook page that I started this spring. Of all of those I use twitter the most, the blog the 2nd and facebook the least. I've linked the blog so whenever I update it links on twitter and facebook.

I like the ideas you gave for youtube videos. I feel like videos are more powerful than a blog at times. It can really give the viewer a peek into what I do behind the scenes. I honestly don't think I'm that great at styling for others so I'll probably ask a friend to do video segments on those topics.

You are so right about the key to social media. I tweet all day long because it's easy but I definitely dont blog as much as I'd like. I was looking for an intern or someone to help me manage my blog and such because it truly is a full time job.
    THiNK PiNK!~Nappy & loving it since 6.25.05~
    public.fotki.com/Loquacious1
    Be Decadent! Decadentindustries.net
    COMING SOON - DecadentBeauty.net
    Ad Approval Code: N1311

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loquacious View Post
    You are so right about the key to social media. I tweet all day long because it's easy but I definitely dont blog as much as I'd like. I was looking for an intern or someone to help me manage my blog and such because it truly is a full time job.
    Don't forget to reach out to FIT and Parsons students. FIT has a stylist program. I'm sure you can get students who are training as stylists to help with your videos. Contact the school's placement office. They are always looking for opportunites for students.

You don't have to be an expert. Just find the help and make sure it's done all under your banner.