Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dyed Locs..Tips falling out..HELP

ok so i look in the mirror today and my tips are falling out almost on every loc..i dyed th etips of my 9 1/2 month old locs like 3 weeks ago..and now im saddened by the looks of things..what can i do to repair my tips..should i cut them off(tips) or should i fold them on to themshelves then sew them or should i dye back to black then fold them then sew them..please help..this really hurts to see my locs go down like this...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing as the dye is causing them to fall off, I wouldn't dye them again. I say cut them off.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the dye probably wasn't washed out fully from your locs or they were over processed.

aunapp is right, adding more dye to the problem will only exacerbate it. baby the heck out of your ends. good luck.
    Fotki

quest for healthy hair

:))*THANK YOU!!!!!!!!:))

5. Likes uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree w/ babying your ends and seeing if that will help. Are you sure all the dye is out of your hair??? Did you use a product to actually halt the dying process like a neutralizer? Do your ends feel hard or do they feel mushy? Where your ends healthy before you dyed? Are you sure your not just losing buds?

What was your dying process and did you use bleach?

If your ends feel hard I advise the use of some type of moisturizing treatment... if your ends feel mushy I advise the use of some type of protein treatment-followed by light moisture. I wish you the best sis?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loose to sisterloced-->8 YEAR NAPPIVERSERY OCTOBER 2011!!!!
    http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/

7. Likes uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to catch this closely as I plan to colour my hair on my 1 year anniversary. OP what colour system did you use? Did you do it at home?
    Sisterlocked date: 09 Nov 2009
    Blog & Albums: www.huntresslocs.com
    Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/HuntressLocs
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/huntresslocs
    Challenges: 1 Year 1 Product Started-Nov 2009 - Finished Nov 2010- Shampoo with T/Gel once every two weeks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, unfortunately it does sound like the dye wasn't neutralised or washed out properly - condition condition condition but it might be that the damage is done I don't see any point in folding them onto themselves if you'll be losing that bit of length anyway, better to let go and have healthy ends.
    Dread since 2005

The Revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott Heron

My Fotki - pw: simiya

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea..i just bleached them wash and condition..then dyed..washed and condition...but just recently i started doing the ACV thing again hoping that would help some...and you know another thing is i have the type of hair where its already kinda curly/soft..so idk? it could be several things..and also i want them black again, well maybe just some of them..so im in the idk type of situation..i dont want to cut because im starting to get a lil length here but at the same time this might be a life-long thing..

(netta 1)-im a guy. lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vontello View Post
    yea..i just bleached them wash and condition..then dyed..washed and condition...but just recently i started doing the ACV thing again hoping that would help some...and you know another thing is i have the type of hair where its already kinda curly/soft..so idk? it could be several things..and also i want them black again, well maybe just some of them..so im in the idk type of situation..i dont want to cut because im starting to get a lil length here but at the same time this might be a life-long thing..

(netta 1)-im a guy. lol
    You are putting a lot of harsh, stripping and drying elements into your hair at the same time! You shouldn't bleach AND do an ACV rinse... couldn't really determine if that was your process outside of the wash and condition. The ACV will strip your hair and that doesn't sound like what you need right now.

You might want to wash your tips with a neutralizing shampoo and then condition them and add some moisture. If all else fails, you can trim your ends.

Hope it works out!
    ~MY FOTKI LOCUMENTARY~~MY YOUTUBE~

Life can be short & Life can be unfair but life can also be beautiful and full of pleasant surprises. Surround yourself with positivity, why waste our numbered days with anything else?

12. Likes uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agoddessinlocs View Post

You might want to wash your tips with a neutralizing shampoo and then condition them and add some moisture. If all else fails, you can trim your ends.

Hope it works out!
    I agree w/ this.

Also maybe after you are done with these steps you should consider the baggy technique. Take your hair and spray the ends with water, then apply a natural oil like olive to the ends of your hair at least two inches upward, and place a plastic bag over your hair. Do this nightly to see if you can regain some moisture. You have to create a balance between moisture and protein, so that your hair is strong and moisturized. You have to feel your hair and let it tell you want it needs. If your ends are not popping off maybe they can be saved...again I wish you the best.

Please go to a professional or really research before coloring again...Aveda is a really good place. Bleach can be harsh...I used to bleach back in the day. You have to follow directions to the letter.

I don't think you should ever color without neutralizing your hair. You have to make sure the process is done....

I am no color expert but I used to color my hair all 'de time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loose to sisterloced-->8 YEAR NAPPIVERSERY OCTOBER 2011!!!!
    http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast