Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's me again...with more questions!

This is just a set of twists. But they've got loc's on my mind once again. So I have questions for when I finally make the jump!

1.If I I wanted loc's about the size of these twists would the twists need to be a little bigger to account for condensing(the twists are fairly fluffy for the actual amount of hair used per twist
    2.Does it matter whether I bother with parts or not? and will the way the twists fall be an indicator for how the loc's would fall or can I basically make them fall however I like once they have loc'ed?
    3.will the size of the loc's affect how full they will seem?(Not sure how to make this question more clear I hope you know what I mean) I don't want my hair to hang to flat...
    4.Do thicker loc's=stronger locs? I am worried about the crown where my hair is finer/dryer/ and much easier to damage
    TIA for any help!
    "Ad astra per alia porci"-John Steinbeck

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It couldn't hurt to make them a little bigger. Just in case. If you didn't like the size early on, you could always combine or start over.

2. I don't think parts matter all that much. Based on your pic, your locs would probably lay like that.

3. Maybe. I think it has more to do with the thickness of your hair, though.

4. I don't know about this one.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DISCLAIMER: All advice and opinions in this post are the opinion of bajansensation who has been loced less than two years. Please use this post as suggestions and not law! Everyone's hair is different!

1. I agree with Exotica that you may want to go a little bigger

2. Parts are really up to you but they can have a bit of an effect on how your hair falls. My hair is not thick so I tried to part my hair in a brick layer fashion so that less scalp would be visible. Also I thought about my parting when I considered my styling options and how I wanted my hair to look, but you can style your locs no matter how they are parted!

3. Mainly your hair determines how full your locs will look. But the size may affect how full they appear especially before they have condensed, as well as the type of maintenance you choose (or don't choose) to do. Freeform locs are generally thicker and latched locs tend to be thinner. Then you can consider things like how tight you may twist, or how often, or how many points you use to latch and it goes on and on

4. This is a tricky one. Intuitively I want to say yes because people combine their locs to make them stronger. But on the other hand there are sisterlocks which are tiny and can be very strong. I think it just depends on how you care for your hair or how strong the hair is. I would suggest that you make your locs bigger in the thinner/finer areas to add strength, and also so that the locs there will be around the same size as the thicker areas of your hair.

HTH!!
    On that locing tip since June 12, 2009...

fotki.com/bajansensation

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Exotica X and BajanSensation for your replies I think I will do a bit of experimenting with twists to figure things out. I had thought of comb-coils but I cant do those myself...
    "Ad astra per alia porci"-John Steinbeck

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your twists look fine and it will all work out if you leave them in.
    STILL keeping it knotty 1 day at a time ... since '03
    locked since '06
    KnottyAuthor aka Cheleski

The Knotty Truth Series: The OG natural hair care book series on natural hair,culture & science