Thread: Twisty Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her locs look nice but I think they have ben rodded that's all.
    no more locs 12/31/2006
    hair cut 3/27/07
    UPDATED 10/07
    come check me out no pw needed

http://public.fotki.com/sarah78/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting, seems like sl knock off to me.
    Napptural since 01/01/2003. Locked twice. Currently loose napps.
    www.fotki.com/starrchild

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, they look just like sisterlocks, still beautiful though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come no one has commented on the diss about wanting your locks to look neat and professional? Who says other methods don't look professional and what is the definition of professional? I'm not knocking her method, I don't know the ins and outs of it but I don't think she should belittle the lock journey that others choose to take. I wouldn't want that negative vibe up in my hair.

"What is for you cyaah be unfor you" Colin Channer
    5 year lock update
    5 1/2 year update

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:-P Hey Ladies:
    Here is the 411 on Twisty Locks. I filled out a short survey on line and requested a consultation. She sent back the confirmation early this morning (early enough for me to arrange my schedule to go see her!). I went in and met two of the nicest women! The woman on the website is the proprietor and she works with her mother. Now, having not seen Sisterlocks in the flesh (or should I say in the 'strand&#39 I can only speculate that these twisty locks also look like SL. Renee (proprietor) showed me some before and after pictures of her clients (both young and old - which impressed me as I am an older nap - 43 years young!) and they looked great! On the website, she has curled her locs which are long, beautiful and small (micro?). She is wearing them straight now and they come to just below her collarbone. She actually did 4 of these in my hair and it was love at first sight! She did not use glue or anything else for that matter. The term she used was "sealing" but did not mean it literally. The locs she put in my hair held their size and looked good. She even showed me a book (dated 1984) where some African Tribes were wearing microlocs. She said that there have been microlocks around the world for many years and that sisterlocs are not the only ones nor the first ones to do this. Looking at this book proved that point. These were men who had microlocs or something that looked dangerously like microlocs. It was an extremely positive experience - then came the cost. They cost $600 and in a heartbeat I would do it if I had that kind of money. The follow-ups were $115 which included retouch (as opposed to retightening) and a wash. This is suggested once a month until they lock. They did not fabulous as I have always been attracted to smaller locs. I could possibly come up with the initial cost, but that monthly retouch is rough. In all I enjoyed my visit very much and there was nothing illegitimate or illegal or copyright problematic about it. It may be another way to do SL but because she was able to prove that this was something that had been around for a while made it an entirely different story. Well ladies, I may have left something out. Feel free to contact me by any means necessary and I will try and clarify if at all possible. I would do twisty locs in a New York Minute, but with kids and a cut in pay coming down the pike I am a bit afraid of the ongoing costs involved. It was a great experience and I enjoyed these two ladies and their locs. I have been to other places to learn about locs (even the big places in Atl) and were not received as warmly. I can't say it was a good experience - but this was different and I know they would start me off on a great journey, I'm just afraid they will have to kick me off the bus cause somewhere along the line, I can't pay the fare. Great experience! :rainfro
    May the road rise up to meet you...may the wind be ever at your back...(Irish Prayer)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by vetpoo@Jun 14 2004, 10:25 PM
    She even showed me a book (dated 1984) where some African Tribes were wearing microlocs. She said that there have been microlocks around the world for many years and that sisterlocs are not the only ones nor the first ones to do this. Looking at this book proved that point. These were men who had microlocs or something that looked dangerously like microlocs.
    Sounds like she's getting prepared for any court battles that come about.

Glad you had such a positive experience. They are beautiful and I wish I could afford them too.
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123