Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just used Jamaican Black Castor Oil last week because I heard so many rave reviews about it. I mixed it with my aloe vera gel and used that mix to twist and palm roll my hair after I washed it. I my hair is soft and moisturized and I haven't had to put anything on it for several days to moisturize it. A little goes a long way, so I know my bottle will last for quite a long time. It was worth the money!
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilShortRib View Post
    I just used Jamaican Black Castor Oil last week because I heard so many rave reviews about it. I mixed it with my aloe vera gel and used that mix to twist and palm roll my hair after I washed it. I my hair is soft and moisturized and I haven't had to put anything on it for several days to moisturize it. A little goes a long way, so I know my bottle will last for quite a long time. It was worth the money!
    I have heard loads about castor oil and have gone the oil route but dont know what I am doing wrong as I wash, sometimes condition and then when I put a dash of oil on my hands and slick it through each lock my hair just feels greasy :-S

I need something that will seal the water in when my hair is slightly damp because the wintery months are here in London

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empresstigerlily View Post
    I have heard loads about castor oil and have gone the oil route but dont know what I am doing wrong as I wash, sometimes condition and then when I put a dash of oil on my hands and slick it through each lock my hair just feels greasy :-S

I need something that will seal the water in when my hair is slightly damp because the wintery months are here in London
    IMO this is way too much castor oil. All you need is a tiny amount for your whole head, not each lock. I rinse/wash my hair, put my hair back in a pony, then take a dime size of JBCO rub it in my hands and apply it to my ends first. Then I might put the oil that is left over on my hands on the length of my hair. You don't need a lot.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    IMO this is way too much castor oil. All you need is a tiny amount for your whole head, not each lock. I rinse/wash my hair, put my hair back in a pony, then take a dime size of JBCO rub it in my hands and apply it to my ends first. Then I might put the oil that is left over on my hands on the length of my hair. You don't need a lot.
    Ahh ok will try that today. Ta

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empresstigerlily View Post
    I agree that you are using too much. I used too much the first time I mixed it in with my aloe vera. I used the same amount I probably would have with any other oil, but I think because it's so thick you really don't need much at all. You may want to mix the oil in with something else in a bowl first (water, aloe, etc.) and then distribute it through your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGiveup View Post
    You're saying your mature locs feel soft? I've been looking around and trying to get a sense of if I will have to give up the feel of soft hair to have locs. When people are talking about dry locs do they mean that when the locs are dry they feel coarser just like loose nappy hair?
    Sorry I missed this.

My locs feel soft as in they don't feel rough and coarse. I think many times once locs mature they feel 'hard' and not 'spongy' because the hair has compacted. But I am saying my hair was dry and thirsty, and now that I have used jbco, my hair doesn't feel and look thirsty anymore. So I guess the answer to your question is yes...
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilShortRib View Post
    You're saying your mature locs feel soft? I've been looking around and trying to get a sense of if I will have to give up the feel of soft hair to have locs. When people are talking about dry locs do they mean that when the locs are dry they feel coarser just like loose nappy hair?
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook