Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Dry, dry locs!

Help please, my locs are very dry! I've had my locs for about 5 years now they are very dry. During these five years I've lived all over the world from Sweden to South America in varying climates so it seems like I am having to relearn how to take care of my hair on my own each time I move. I have tried hot towel treatments, hot oil treatments, changing shampoos, everything but it seems like 3 or 4 days after I shampoo my hair is starting to look dry. I am currently using the Kiehl's Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner along with the Carol's Daughter Loc Butter. I use olive, almond, or coconut butter ever couple of days to moisturize, but alas still dry dull looking hair.

Someone please give me some advice! I know I should probably go to a professional but I really need to learn this on my own as I normally live in places where I am the only one around with dreadlocs!! Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it be that your hair has product build up? You can wash with acv (soak) or some use dish detergent to get all the years of product out.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, clarify with an ACV rinse or detergent rinse-stay away from cloudy products. Castor oil is awesome for dry locks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about spraying your locks with water daily? That has really helped to moisturize my locs significantly. I add a few drops of jojoba oil, peppermint and rosemary oil.

Hope that helps

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this routine okay or how can I change it up?

Well I am a bout to wash my grandmothers locs with Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo. I will condition it with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner as well. Then I will put some leave in in her hair, and then twist with the Clear Ecostyler Gel. I told her that if I twist her hair, it won't be with the beeswax. I wanted to end with sealing the moisture with Olive Oil and Jojoba Oil mixed.

Any thoughts on this? I do not have any other types of Gel except Ecostyler Gel Black and Clear. I have Fantasia IC Gel (but since its being discontinued I do not want to use it). I also have the Curl Activator Gel. My grandmother has this idea that Gel is not good for your hair, but doesn't mind using Beeswax. I am trying to educate her that Gel isn't all that bad and its better to twist your hair with Gel than using Beeswax. I am assuming so lol. I see a lot of naturals use certain Gels in their hair because I actually thought the same thing a bout Gel. Okay anyway ladies I need your help with this PLEEASSSEE!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone help a sistah out lol?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gel sounds just fine...
    some people don't even use product to start.
    Beeswax may lead to build up so many of the loc-heads here don't use it. Just start them. Locs are very forgiving. The only way to not loc is to comb her hair so
    9 Year old locs. Still loving it!
    There is strength in coils- My 8th grade teacher.
    Checkout my progress on YT (https://bit.ly/2QexU1W)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gel is fine - it washes out when you shampoo [although I'm not familiar with your brand]

Avoid beeswax at all cost - it'll cause nasty buildup in the long run that will be VERY hard and time-consuming to get rid of
    Dread since 2005

The Revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott Heron

My Fotki - pw: simiya

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long has your grandmother had locs?
    i would not use Eluence MB on her locs in the beginning stages, i used that for my first wash and it caused my hair to unravel like nobody's business and that conditioner is too thick right now. that conditioner may cause some serious buildup. i would use something else lighter consistency. and use a light clarifying shampoo in the beginning stages of the loc process.
    shortdub no longer, starting my loc'in journey for 2010 and beyond!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandmother has had locs maybe 5 or 6+ years I believe lol. I have washed her hair with the Elucence MB before and used the conditioner, but I have never twisted her hair before. Last week I did a couple to see if I could do it and I CAN. Its not hard at all lol.

Ok so using the Ecostyler Gel is okay right?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast