Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Scabs and Sore Scalp

So as of late my sig style is TST and I LOVE them! I usually keep them in 1-2 weeks at a time. When I feel that my hair is too dry I will DC with olive oil and suave coconut conditioner of if it's too sweaty I will do a quick CO and rinse with cool water. I do not mind my TST shrinking at all. When I finally take them down to be done again, I find that I have sore spots in my head and scabs mainly toward that back of my head. It almost reminded me of cradle cap. I do not touch my hair much when I have TST (that's the whole point of having them) and nothing goes in my hair unless it's conditioner, aloe juice, oils, and on occasion some fantasia ic gel. Also, my scalp has been itching like crazy and super dandruffy. I did a ACVR and it burned like CRAZY and it did help a little to control the dandruff and itching but not as much as I would have liked. ! I guess I have some actual cuts or open scalp. I did scratch my scalp once, but not to the point where I could have broken the skin. I know that because I clipped my nails all the way down, so it's more like I'm rubbing my scalp with the pads of my fingers vs actual scratching. Is it possible for me to just form scabs and sores even if I'm not irritating my scalp and what can I do to control the itching? I'm going on a little health and beauty haul, so please leave some suggestions.
    HAPPY TO BE NAPPY ... TOTALLY ME , WHAT ELSE WOULD I RATHER BE ?!
    Song of Solomon 5:11: His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
    follow meeeee : @brownbae
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2qsvxvp.jpg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I'm dense but what is TST and what is ACVR?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you're over clarifying too much? See if using a ceramide oil in a conditioner (wheat germ oil, rice bran oil, safflower oil, there are many more) for a few weeks may help with the dryness.

Also, you may have to go the OTC medicated shampoo route. No natural remedy I tried (coconut oil, ACV, etc.) worked for premenantly removing the flakes and rough patches on my scalp years ago. I had patches of dry sores and short, brittle hair. I used nizoral shampoo every other day for two weeks to get rid of whatever I had and it worked for me. It may work for you.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TST means two strand twists, and ACVR means apple cider vinegar rinse.

@napturallyme hmmmm I am not an expert on scalp issues...that have to do with scabs, bt if u r desperate in finding something to relieve your itchy scalp, purchase rosemary oil and tea tree oil. U add these together as a spritz with water, and then massage your scalp. This helps me with itchiness. Rosemary is for growth and stimulation, as well as tea tree oil and also heals the scalp. good luck.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have random patches of eczema pop up on my scalp, so I feel your pain. I usually put a bit of shea butter. Maybe your hair prefers having individuals taken down and given TLC. I do that with my braids and such HTH
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Search for a kingdom worthy of your soul

http://public.fotki.com/KreativeKoils/current-styles/

izatrini is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could your TST be too tight? Or could it be seborrheic dermatitis?
    1 year and 2 months natural and 8 months into my loc journey!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    Maybe you're over clarifying too much? See if using a ceramide oil in a conditioner (wheat germ oil, rice bran oil, safflower oil, there are many more) for a few weeks may help with the dryness.
    -Thanks, I may try that! I don't wash my hair but once a month. So I don't think it's from the shampoo. I use a super diluted, small amount of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by OriloniseMinani View Post
    TST means two strand twists, and ACVR means apple cider vinegar rinse.

@napturallyme hmmmm I am not an expert on scalp issues...that have to do with scabs, bt if u r desperate in finding something to relieve your itchy scalp, purchase rosemary oil and tea tree oil. U add these together as a spritz with water, and then massage your scalp. This helps me with itchiness. Rosemary is for growth and stimulation, as well as tea tree oil and also heals the scalp. good luck.
    - I love tea tree oil, but it always seems to make it's way down onto my face and I am now facing major acne. I will def add rosemary oil to my to get list.

Quote Originally Posted by MyChemikelSuicide View Post
    I have random patches of eczema pop up on my scalp, so I feel your pain. I usually put a bit of shea butter. Maybe your hair prefers having individuals taken down and given TLC. I do that with my braids and such HTH
    Have mercy! I have forgotten to buy shea butter... I'm thinking about laying off these TST for a while and going with some micros or something. The older I get, the more I don't want to do my hair.
    HAPPY TO BE NAPPY ... TOTALLY ME , WHAT ELSE WOULD I RATHER BE ?!
    Song of Solomon 5:11: His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
    follow meeeee : @brownbae
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2qsvxvp.jpg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to use Suave coconut condish and I noticed my scalp would get really dry like that also. So I stopped using commercial products altogether and just stuck to all organic/natural products. I have not had that problem since.. HTH!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u mentioned that u wash your hair once a month, maybe u should try washing every week...or 2..scalp needs as much attention like hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey nappturallyme625,
    some times an itchy scalp is not caused by the products you use, sometimes it some thing more like build-up of dead skin cells or eczema or mild psoriasis which by the way is what I've got (mild psoriasis of the scalp).
    you need to get your doc to determine whether it's your products, dead skin or anything else that's causing these scabs on your scalp then make the necessary changes to your regime. hth and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast