Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    um now i'm not so sure as i look at the other photos. i just assumed that it was the wife and was thinking that she looked rather....unfortunate....

this is why i need a personal fact checker
    *SMDH*
    Truth....
    *SMDH - AGAIN/ walks out the room*
    Karma is a boomerrang that will bust you in the eye.
    PrincessDrRe, 2004
    The grass that is lush and green can very well be growing over a septic tank.
    Anabwi, 2008

SaPhia...it will return!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MzCuteBrownLeo View Post
    Kind of off topic but I went to college in Charleston and The National Federation of Republican Women gave me a scholarship for academic excellence. The recipients of those awards attend a semi-annual event where they can network.

When I showed up to the first event, I saw more jaws drop than azzes at a Too Short concert. I was asked by errbody in that spot how it was I was able to get the award. At that dinner the speakers openly discussed slavery like it was the good ol' days and it was the best thing for the country. They also encouraged people to only support old money because it was most likely less urban *black or brown*.

I had that scholarship all through school because I met all the requirements. However, I never received another invite to any events. Amazingly, around the time of their events, I would receive a check for $250 as an apology that they did not have enough room to invite the scholarship recipients. MMMkay....whatevs.

Regarding the pic/event...I am not surprised. That is bau for them folks.
    In my Flav Voice: Wow G!

That is crazy

I'm trying not to get worked up over this tom foolery. I stopped watching the national news last year because I can't deal with the drama anymore.
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay, Wastin' Time
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MzCuteBrownLeo View Post
    Kind of off topic but I went to college in Charleston and The National Federation of Republican Women gave me a scholarship for academic excellence. The recipients of those awards attend a semi-annual event where they can network.

When I showed up to the first event, I saw more jaws drop than azzes at a Too Short concert. I was asked by errbody in that spot how it was I was able to get the award. At that dinner the speakers openly discussed slavery like it was the good ol' days and it was the best thing for the country. They also encouraged people to only support old money because it was most likely less urban *black or brown*.

I had that scholarship all through school because I met all the requirements. However, I never received another invite to any events. Amazingly, around the time of their events, I would receive a check for $250 as an apology that they did not have enough room to invite the scholarship recipients. MMMkay....whatevs.

Regarding the pic/event...I am not surprised. That is bau for them folks.
    SMH, well if they are going to be like that, you were better off with the $250.
    BC: May 22, 2010

My Hair Blog
    : Back2MyRoots
    Last Updated: October 3, 2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah Suh! Sho nuff.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at work and I have no bidness looking at this mess!!!! *Inhale, Exhale, & Count to 10*
    Last Time Flat Ironing mid-April 2010
    Big Chopmid-June 2010~have not looked back since.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjolims View Post
    Thought I'd post this in here to keep the discussion going...

Why I Am A Black Tea Party Patriot...

Obama was marketed as a "new" kind of politician.
    Hogwash! Black America has suffered the devastating consequences of numerous Obamas, mostly whites ones, for many years.
    Here is my personal story.
    A urine smell permeated the stairwell. In the darkness due to smashed light bulbs, the sound of broken wine bottles underfoot echoed off the concrete walls. I was nine years old. With the elevators out of service half the time due to vandalism, I was forced many times to take the scary trek into the shadow of death up the stairwell to our sixth-floor apartment in the projects of east Baltimore.
    This was a far cry from the brand spanking new building we had moved into just two years earlier. I remember our excitement when my parents, three younger siblings and I moved in our apartment. It was a dream come true – moving from our leaky-roofed ghetto into a place where everything, including the appliances, were new.
    We were one of the first in the 11-story, all black residents building. While a few people kept their apartments lovely, most seemed committed to destroying the building.
    All I kept hearing was that everything was the "white man's fault". Even at the age of nine, I sarcastically thought to myself, "how can we stop these evil white people from sneaking in here at night peeing in the stairwell, leaving broken wine bottles, smashing the light bulbs and attacking people?"
    So, my early experience living in the government project taught me that some folks simply have a ghetto mindset. I also witnessed the trap of government welfare. And why were so many around me angry and violent – despite getting free housing, food and healthcare?
    It was the late 50s when my dad was one of the first blacks to break the colour barrier into the Baltimore fire department. The sight of him in his crisp blue firefighter's uniform made everyone proud, though none more than me. With dad's new job, the government raised our rent to $72 per month. I remember my dad saying, "Seventy-two dollars! They must be crazy. We're movin'!"
    We moved to a suburban black community. I truly believe I would not be who I am today had we stayed in the projects.
    Several of my cousins stayed enslaved to the system and the bigotry of low expectations. Because true self-esteem comes from personal achievement, they possessed very little. They lived angry and bitter lives, consumed with serial impregnating, out-of-wedlock births and substance abuse. An outrageously high number died prematurely.
    So, when I hear politicians, such as Barack Obama, pandering to the so-called poor of America, it turns my stomach. I've witnessed the deterioration of the human spirit, wasted lives and suffering that happens when government becomes "daddy".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I think his argument sucks and doesn't make much sense...
    Totally doesn't make sense.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678