Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Heat?!?!?

While in transition, I understand that it's not good to apply extreme heats to the hair. I took that as meaning flat irons, curlers, etc.
    But does that include sitting under a hood dryer while getting a roller/straw sets and things like that?
    Will I have to do air-drying or something?

Vabap6 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you do want to stay away from extream (direct) heat, such as the flat irons, curlers (curling irons), blow dryers, anything that you apply direct heat to your hair. Direct heat can cause hair damage and alter your curl pattern.

When you mentioned curlers, are you referencing the ones that you heat, such as Caruso Curlers? If so, I do not know about those type of curlers. I never used those.

It is okay to sit under a hooded dryer. Just make sure it is on low heat and spray some heat protectant on your hair before getting under the dryer. When I was transitioning, if I used the hooded dryer I stayed under no more than an hour. I finished air drying.
    Last CFC: 11/20/2009
    BC: 07/30/2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vabap6 View Post
    Yes, you do want to stay away from extream (direct) heat, such as the flat irons, curlers (curling irons), blow dryers, anything that you apply direct heat to your hair. Direct heat can cause hair damage and alter your curl pattern.

When you mentioned curlers, are you referencing the ones that you heat, such as Caruso Curlers? If so, I do not know about those type of curlers. I never used those.

It is okay to sit under a hooded dryer. Just make sure it is on low heat and spray some heat protectant on your hair before getting under the dryer. When I was transitioning, if I used the hooded dryer I stayed under no more than an hour. I finished air drying.
    Thank you! I plan on going to the salon to get my first roller set and then buy my own and start trying out styles on my own. So I doubt she would want me to air dry it all but once I get home and start doing them myself I def will do the hooded/air dry method!
    Thanks so much!

Also, what are the best kind of rollers to use for doing roller sets or straw sets on your own hair??

Vabap6 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used flexi-rods and perm rods.
    Last CFC: 11/20/2009
    BC: 07/30/2010