Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Canarsiechik88....Masoesa went to a loctician in Brooklyn for her faux locs, which are phenomenal. She does regular locs as well.

Here's the thread....
    DNA's double helix design - ingenious.
    A spring coil's power & momentum - amazing.
    The gift of nappy hair.....see a pattern emerging? :-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with KG, though more vehemently against conditioner for a loc'd head.

Here's some brilliant insight about products per cleansing procedures for the loc'd fam. I availed as much because I recommend you seriously get familiar with that perspective, as a future loc head. Better safe and aware than late and sorrowful.
    - An experience that needed to be shared (Natural Kinks)

It's fairly easy to get your hair braided (braidlocking) with sections/parts/plots sized to suit your interests. The width of the plot is the width of your future locs, unless you over maintain and thin them out more. From there, you can latch hook yourself (2 or 4 point).
    Last edited by Intellexual; 09-27-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canarsiechik88 View Post
    pass that info RIGHT HERE!!
    Check your PM.
    http://naturaltaketwo.wordpress.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to say welcome to the loc side! (bout time - from Big Sis!)
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEAAAAAAAAAAA honey, woooooo!!!! (in my country voice) I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see them after you got them done.

I chose to start mine with braids, because I know how often I like to wash my hair, and I didn't want to have to deal with unraveling. I washed my hair as soon as I got home from getting my braids. My scalp wanted to feel the water. lol

I interlock for the same reasons. I enjoy the freedom of washing daily. I still get slippage, but it's not bad. I've only had to braid one over, and you can't even tell.

I use Suave Clarifying shampoo, and I had to hold out on conditioning, because it makes my babies slip and frizz worse than normal. I don't mind the frizz, but when you add extra slippage, it seems like they are all going to just come undone.
    I made an oil mixture of 2 parts Castor Oil, 1 part EVOO, 1 part Sweet Almond Oil and 1 part Jojoba Oil. I'm telling you, my hair loves that stuff. I put a little in my hands and massage into my hair and scalp right after the shower. It locks in all the moisture, and gives my hair a lovely sheen.

Home Sweet Home

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay !!! I started latching from TSTs on 8/26/10 and finished around 9/13, took my time. Been devouring this board for a while before I decided and glad I made the choice. Hair was unraveling constantly with the twists.
    Right now, I rinse every other day because I work out a lot, wash weekly, and plan to do a clarify this weekend. Only thing I've used on my hair is my coconut oil/Infusium 23 spritz, but will give JBCO a try as soon as Mr. Postman delivers.

Good luck to you and me too

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the love everyone

I plan on getting them this sunday but refferal of cammiecam . He said I should do combcoils and after looking at chelski68's thread about coils, Im more confident in my decision.

I'm soo freaking excited!!! I haven't been excited about locs this much!!! Also too, I never had a man did my hair so this is a first experience in both ways . I hope he's gentle and tender with my head

@Big sis (Denny) : Im listening to your advice when you said u could see me with locks ( convo last year)

@Psyann: I may have to buy that shampoo cause the link that Intellexual posted gave great insight about clarifiying shampoos.

@GAN:i thought about braids but the guy said it would look bumpy lol.
    2 Awesome 2be forgotten Mia Fite/ etifaim luv u 4life

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh good! I'm so happy you're gonna see him he's sooo cute and really knows his stuff. He started mine with coils and I still remember leaving there all elated like WHOO HOO!!! I'm about to start locing my hair!

Congrats! Please let us know how it goes and take pics!
    http://naturaltaketwo.wordpress.com/

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canarsiechik88 View Post
    Thanks for the love everyone

I plan on getting them this sunday but refferal of cammiecam . He said I should do combcoils and after looking at chelski68's thread about coils, Im more confident in my decision.

I'm soo freaking excited!!! I haven't been excited about locs this much!!! Also too, I never had a man did my hair so this is a first experience in both ways . I hope he's gentle and tender with my head

@Big sis (Denny) : Im listening to your advice when you said u could see me with locks ( convo last year)

@Psyann: I may have to buy that shampoo cause the link that Intellexual posted gave great insight about clarifiying shampoos.

@GAN:i thought about braids but the guy said it would look bumpy lol.
    When I first started my babes, I wasn't even checking for clarifying. I just wanted to keep the itchies at bay. But then I noticed they were really stiff, dull, and my scalp just wasn't getting clean. I bought the Suave Daily Clarifying, and my hair and scalp have been thanking me for it.

As for braids, my hair is not bumpy. Mine are actually turning round. I thought they'd be flat, because that's what everyone said. But I only have like 2 flat ones, and they are in the very back. For it to only have been almost 3 months, the braid pattern is fading. I have new pictures, so I'll be updating soon.

Whichever you choose, I hope you're happy with it, and it fits your needs.

Home Sweet Home

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast