Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Napia Mia View Post
    Woo... I spent all yesterday evening wading through Whit's second post. Though most of those heads were absolutely gorgeous, not everyone made the cut. I'm truely only looking for BSL and beyond pics. And I have to say that I'm truely disappointed to see not a lot of 4B pics out there.

I'm really starting to think that in large numbers, we just don't exist.
    So many people who are 4b's get tired of/frustrated with dealing with the combination of length + texture so they opt for locs.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    So many people who are 4b's get tired of/frustrated with dealing with the combination of length + texture so they opt for locs.
    I soooo agree with this statement. It's interesting because I actually find my hair much easier to handle/deal with at longer lengths than I ever did with shorter hair. Just seems like I have soooo many more options. I can do much larger braids or twists which cuts down on my styling time. I can actually pull all my loose hair into a bun (see avatar).

It's soo much easier now. Just seems like so many people just don't have the patience to get there though.

Ah...oh well to each her own. Just wish I could find more of us though.

Been tryin' for a couple of years so I guess it just ain't gone happen.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello there miss napiamia and the rest of my new nappy fam, just wanted to a add pic of my waist length hair fresh out of braids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I soooo agree with this statement. It's interesting because I actually find my hair much easier to handle/deal with at longer lengths than I ever did with shorter hair. Just seems like I have soooo many more options. I can do much larger braids or twists which cuts down on my styling time. I can actually pull all my loose hair into a bun (see avatar).

It's soo much easier now. Just seems like so many people just don't have the patience to get there though.

Ah...oh well to each her own. Just wish I could find more of us though.

Been tryin' for a couple of years so I guess it just ain't gone happen.
    ITA. I'm lazy on the styling part though. Since loose washing again, I'm happy to pull into a pony or bun and run.
    Love is The Key

Beginning my hair journal Siriusly :)
    http://public.fotki.com/Siriushare

mwedzi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Whitley Thanks for the links. And thanks to everyone who posted pictures!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't worry about all the technicalities with regard to height, head size or whatever. Most people who have BSL length and beyond have some pretty long hair and to them, especially if they have african textured hair that's a helluva accomplishment.

Even when it comes to children, we rarely see hair that long on black kids. So again, someone is doing something right when little kids have hair that has reached beyond their shoulders. Yes, one person's length is certainly only relative to the same marking point on another but it's still an accomplishment to them.
    All my girls but the baby have hair that stretches down to the middle of their backs. I reached bra strap myself (back layer) and now I'm locking. It's all in my fotki and the girls' hair can be seen on my blog sharing all I do with their hair--cherishmydaughter.com and also in my You Tube videos.

The baby's thick head of hair is proof positive that what we talk about here really works. If I had known then what I know now I could have saved myself plenty of frustration and drama. That's my main motivation for sharing our experiences with other moms searching for answers.

I also have lots of pictures of their hair and other girls with long hair on facebook--Cherish My Daughter fan page.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567