Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Even More Makeup Looks!

The other thread was just closed, and that made me sad. More makeup looks! I will start us off again with a recent look I did. Kind of vampirey.

I learned a very important lesson about makeup over the weekend, if you stop, your skills will evaporate! So get creative and let it all hang loose.
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/jelover9/
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/naraku009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jelover9 View Post
    The other thread was just closed, and that made me sad. More makeup looks! I will start us off again with a recent look I did. Kind of vampirey.

I learned a very important lesson about makeup over the weekend, if you stop, your skills will evaporate! So get creative and let it all hang loose.
    How do you get the outer darker color in that circular shape? What's your method of applying that color? Do you simply blot until you get the shape you want? Is there an additional color underneath the darker shade? Or did you just apply it on by itself??
    Last edited by Batyah; 10-19-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could wear eyeshadow.. I never learned how to apply it.
    When you know better; you'll do better!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job Jelover.

GoninNAtty...you better get on youtube and get to gettin!!
    Natural since 2007
    Braidloc'd since 10/08
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible."- Audrey Hepburn

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GoinNatty2ndGoRound View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hunny bunny View Post
    Nice job Jelover.

GoninNAtty...you better get on youtube and get to gettin!!
    GoinNatty, like hunny bunny said, go on youtube and you'll find tons of makeup tutorials. This is how I started. I'm not perfect at applying my eyeshadow, but I keep trying and just try to have fun with it. Give it a try.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batyah, that wasn't a twistout. I banded my hair, that's how I wear my hair most of the time when it's loose. Instead of just washing and going which results in major shrinkage, I wash and band my hair to stretch it. It takes hardly any time and preserves my curl pattern without the shrinkage.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate CurlyGirl View Post
    Batyah, that wasn't a twistout. I banded my hair, that's how I wear my hair most of the time when it's loose. Instead of just washing and going which results in major shrinkage, I wash and band my hair to stretch it. It takes hardly any time and preserves my curl pattern without the shrinkage.
    Huh? Did you post this in the wrong thread?

ETA: Nevermind, Jelover reminded me...(below). Now I remember. Ha! Don't judge me!
    Last edited by Batyah; 10-20-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Explanation of Look

Quote Originally Posted by Batyah View Post
    Huh? Did you post this in the wrong thread?
    She's referring to your response to her post in the other makeup thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Batyah View Post
    How do you get the outer darker color in that circular shape? What's your method of applying that color? Do you simply blot until you get the shape you want? Is there an additional color underneath the darker shade? Or did you just apply it on by itself??
    Short answer is brushes. I use 3 brushes just for eyeshadow. Still need an eyeliner brush!

Blending (for blending eyeshadows)
    Fluffy (for applying highlight to browbone)
    Flat (for applying eyeshadow on lid)

Long Answer (should do a tutorial but too lazy):
    The outer color is black. There's no other color under it, but I do use an eye primer, applied before I put anything on my eyes. I use MAC's Prep+Prime, although I'm switching to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. But the MAC one does it's job and your eye makeup does not move at all throughout the day. Primer to me is a necessity: it brings out the colors, helps them stay on the lid, and provides a smooth, oil-free surface to work on.

I took a flat eyeshadow brush and applied black eyeshadow to the outer part of my lid and brought it up quite high, past my eyelid because my lids are so small. I then took the blending brush (which had no shadow on it) and blended the black out in a circular motion. For the red I applied a matte red to the rest of the inner eyelid and blended it upwards with the black. After that I applied a sparkly red (can't see it in pics) to the inner lid only, no blending. Used light gray sparkly eyeshadow as my highlight (fluffy brush) and in the tearduct (blending brush).

Under the eye is concealer and black cream eyeliner. Used blending brush to apply black eyeshadow over the eyeliner. A bit of white eyeshadow was applied in between the upper and lower lids at the outer corner.

LIPS! are complicated, too (I'm special that way). I put concealer over my lips because I have very pink lips naturally, and red lipsticks always look pink on me. After doing this and applying red lipstick, it still looked pink on me. Wrong choice of concealer. So I applied red eyeshadow on my lips and blended black eyeshadow in the corners. Then I BLOTTED about 4 times. Also, around my lips I applied concealer so that the lipstick wouldn't bleed.

After all of this I forgot to apply mascara!

Quote Originally Posted by GoinNatty2ndGoRound View Post
    I learned almost everything I know from MakeupGeek.com. I also love The Fancy Face blog for inspiration and she has a section just for beginners or anyone who needs a refresher: Beginner Tips.
    Last edited by jelover9; 10-20-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added explanation
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/jelover9/
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/naraku009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up You're so helpful jelover!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelover9 View Post
    She's referring to your response to her post in the other makeup thread.

Short answer is brushes. I use 3 brushes just for eyeshadow. Still need an eyeliner brush!

Blending (for blending eyeshadows)
    Fluffy (for applying highlight to browbone)
    Flat (for applying eyeshadow on lid)

Long Answer (should do a tutorial but too lazy):
    The outer color is black. There's no other color under it, but I do use an eye primer, applied before I put anything on my eyes. I use MAC's Prep+Prime, although I'm switching to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. But the MAC one does it's job and your eye makeup does not move at all throughout the day. Primer to me is a necessity: it brings out the colors, helps them stay on the lid, and provides a smooth, oil-free surface to work on.

I took a flat eyeshadow brush and applied black eyeshadow to the outer part of my lid and brought it up quite high, past my eyelid because my lids are so small. I then took the blending brush (which had no shadow on it) and blended the black out in a circular motion. For the red I applied a matte red to the rest of the inner eyelid and blended it upwards with the black. After that I applied a sparkly red (can't see it in pics) to the inner lid only, no blending. Used light gray sparkly eyeshadow as my highlight (fluffy brush) and in the tearduct (blending brush).

Under the eye is concealer and black cream eyeliner. Used blending brush to apply black eyeshadow over the eyeliner. A bit of white eyeshadow was applied in between the upper and lower lids at the outer corner.

LIPS! are complicated, too (I'm special that way). I put concealer over my lips because I have very pink lips naturally, and red lipsticks always look pink on me. After doing this and applying red lipstick, it still looked pink on me. Wrong choice of concealer. So I applied red eyeshadow on my lips and blended black eyeshadow in the corners. Then I BLOTTED about 4 times. Also, around my lips I applied concealer so that the lipstick wouldn't bleed.

After all of this I forgot to apply mascara!

I learned almost everything I know from MakeupGeek.com. I also love The Fancy Face blog for inspiration and she has a section just for beginners or anyone who needs a refresher: Beginner Tips.
    Funny thing is, I have all of these brushes. I need to use them more. I too use an eyeshadow primer on my lids since I have extremely oily skin. It helps to some degree. I may need to switch to another brand of primer though. Thanks so much for sharing how you created that makeup look. It's very helpful. Also, thanks for the sites. I will check them out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went to my first halloween party last night. i just like how good my winged eyeliner looked. and again, its the Impassioned Pank from MAC on my lips....

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast