Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Because a lot of us are..... I've waited in Barbados with a cousin and was wondering why there were so many IR couples in the departure line with the women crying then realised they were saying goodbye to each other. Once the women went thru the departure door the young men then headed for arrivals to welcome the next woman... I was laughing my head off, a local guy filled us in on how they do their thing.
    I have witnessed this EXACT thing myself...
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no sympathy. an african graduate student tried this crap with me my freshman year of college. if a fresh outta high school 18-year-old girl/child who had 0 experience with boys could sense the bullshit a mile away there's no excuse for someone her age not to be able to do the same.
    185/140!!!/150
    new goal weight: 135

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's a white sense of entitlement just poor judgement
    http://quileutewolfpack.com/

Butterfly Rose Guest

Terry McMillan Queen screen must have been dusty, because you can clearly see that man is not sugar free lol.

murakan is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpanthershay13 View Post
    I don't think it's a white sense of entitlement just poor judgement
    having witnessed umpteen times the situation described in the Caribbean in various countries around the globe combined with the attitudes and thoughts Ive witnessed from various white women I know and have known I would certainly say white entitlement is a huge part of this process..of course there are fool fool women of all creeds and hues but the beauty myth that most white women (and men and black people etc) subscribe to allows white women to travel the globe (sex tourism) believing that beautiful young black (brown/asian/middle eastern etc) men find them positively alluring, desirable and preferable above the 'native' women..believing their own hype..Ive witnessed this too often..too too often..
    Black man know yourself...dont forget your past ~ Fela Kuti

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"believing their own hype."

Don't believe the hype.
    I read an article about this many years ago. One of the Island Gigilos said of another, "he specializes in the ugly ones."
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnaisKarim View Post
    I can see what you are saying. I look at it like people who think they can charge twice as much for something if you are paying with food stamps instead of dollars. She knows she can't get a 25 year old male back home, but she thought she could get a 2for1 special in a 3rd world country because her whiteness could offset her ancientness.
    This is what I'm saying! You may not get what you pay for but you will pay for what you get!
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by au napptural View Post
    You may not get what you pay for but you will pay for what you get!
    i like this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember I used to see something like this all the time on a couple of African boards I used to frequent.

Some white poster would post in the "relationship" forum asking if the distance and unaffection after the marriage to their African man they met on yahoo is "cultural". Inevitably you get "But he was so sweet and affectionate to me before we got married."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I encountered this when visiting Ecuador 10 years ago. The men there were falling all over me. It was far beyond anything I had experienced before and I knew it was just because I was a gringo and they wanted to get stuff out of me. There was even one 20-year-old who acted like he was completely in love with me after a few minutes of conversation (btw I was 35). Me I am used to traveling, learning new languages and mingling with the locals so I found all of this amusing. No I did not date/sleep with any of them. Besides being hip to their game I was happily married (hubby back in the states) and I was vacationing with my girlfriends, in case y'all were wondering.

Anyhow, one night we did find ourselves hanging out with a group of these guys as one of my (single) girlfriends was flirting with one of these gentlemen. Practicing my Spanish with one of his friends, I straight up asked him about these types of "relationships." And he flat out told me that we American women SHOULD be paying for the Ecuadorean men to go out with them, because we came from a rich country and had the money. If the couple went out to dinner, the woman should pay. She should pay for everything. That's the way it was to him, and there was no dishonor in it. This guy had like one pair of shoes and two shirts he told me, he basically said it was a way to make a living. Then he gave me this sob story about needing money to get a passport, and could I help him out with that? He needed about $65 more American dollars, he said.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast