Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Straight haired "blacks"

These are all serious and sincere questions.

Just for a basis im going to use the term "black" to describe, People of recent and predominant sub-saharan african descent.

Sub-saharan is simply a general term for "blacks" and
    "black" africa. I used it merely because there can be multiple interpretations to the term black. Negroid can also be used.

Im not necesarily "asking" all of these questions, some are just prequisites for others.

1) Is it possible for "blacks" as described above to be born with straight or wavy hair? I suppose that newborns don't necesarily have much hair to begin, but can "blacks" have natural straight wavy hair.

Since different people have different views of what constitutes being "black"(as far as racial "purity" or the perecentage of "black" inside one's gene pool, as opposed other races) ill leave up to everyone to use their view in answering the first question.

1A) If the answer is to number one is yes. How? What has to occur? What causes it?

2A) If said occurence is random, what are the chances?

This girl in my school said that there are "black" ethiopians born with straight.

Since the Land Of Kush (Eithopia, Sudan, Souther Egypt, essentially north/central east africa) is regarded as the birthplace of humanity, if there were indigenous "blacks" living there with natural straight hair, this would be significant evidence in proving blacks can be naturally born with straight hair.

So i suppose the reason she used ethiopia as an example is to be as "black as possible"

She spoke as if there is a significant number of straight haired ethopians, or at least enough to find a constant trait, and make a statement implying that a straight haired ethiopian isnt a random occurence.

This left me with the idea that if there straight haired ethiopians, there would have to been a specific ethnic group with a straight haired trait, thus making it an ethnic trait. Or that what ever causes said ethiopians to have straight/wavy hair, is common or at least noticable in ethiopian.

1) Are there any said ethnic groups with a straight hair trait.

2) Is straight hair amongst ethiopians just a common and random thing? where any child can be born with straight hair.

Im soo soo ****in' lost right about now, so i'll do my own research regardless..

But i figured if there is any knowledge that i am ignorant to, i might be able to start here.
    "Hold your forked-tongue, you crakka devil, your crakka devil!" Huey
    "Whas' good ni**a? Whas good!? Where da' Ho's at? Church Ni**a! CHUUUUUCH!" Riley

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know 3 women 2 has bone straight hair!! One can not curl it at all and she hates it. Both of them has very then hair. The other has wavy hair no frizz and very thick she loves her hair. 2 are dark skin the other is not light skin but not very dark either.

So you do not have to go looking in Africa.

Oh yeah almost forgot my great aunt had the most beautiful thick straight hair down to her butt that I had ever saw never permed or colored and never went out in public without it covered.

Now to answer your question I do not think one ethnic group has the market on straight hair back in the day

Also Kush was one of Noah's sons and it us believed that all races came from his son's so it would depend on what race you believe Noah and his son's to have been. Did his son Kush have nappy hair and the others did not? If so where did his nappy hair come from?
    Last edited by jorjeni; 10-25-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe any "black" person can have anything/everything! Be it curly, straight, wavy, nappy, long or short hair. I have people in my family that have naturally straight hair. My hair is naturally curly but didn't know it until I stopped perming my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As my mother aged, her hair after age 65 ended up growing straight. Poker straight but with a course texture on each strand. It is strange, her hair looks like a white porcupine.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolliesdaughter View Post
    As my mother aged, her hair after age 65 ended up growing straight. Poker straight but with a course texture on each strand. It is strange, her hair looks like a white porcupine.

DD you're too much!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jorjeni View Post
    I know 3 women 2 has bone straight hair!! One can not curl it at all and she hates it. Both of them has very then hair. The other has wavy hair no frizz and very thick she loves her hair. 2 are dark skin the other is not light skin but not very dark either.

So you do not have to go looking in Africa.

Oh yeah almost forgot my great aunt had the most beautiful thick straight hair down to her butt that I had ever saw never permed or colored and never went out in public without it covered.

Now to answer your question I do not think one ethnic group has the market on straight hair back in the day

Also Kush was one of Noah's sons and it us believed that all races came from his son's so it would depend on what race you believe Noah and his son's to have been. Did his son Kush have nappy hair and the others did not? If so where did his nappy hair come from?

So these people you mentioned having straight hair would be considered "black".

Considering how loose that term is used it's highly possible that they just happen to have picked up a trait from a non-black race present in there genes. Which i am highly aware of.

Which is one cause, that im aware of, as to why a "black" person is born with straight hair.

That was actually just a pre-requisite question.

My question was not whether or not straight haired "blacks" could be found in america. Once again considering how broad the term "black" is, it is more probable for a "black" person in america to have straight hair. At least from my understanding.

Are you aware of the reasons for the straight/wavy hair in any of the people you mentioned?

The girl whom i mentioned, said that there are "full blacks" with straight hair in ethiopia. Meaning that are pure sub-saharan african.

So my true question is if a pure sub-saharan could be born with straight hair. And if so what causes this?

Im sure there are a lot a factors that play in regarding to why or how a "black" person could be born with straight hair.

Wasn't looking for examples of these occurences, just reasons of them.

I was under the impression that Kinky hair was a trait necesary for the survivial of the first humans in equatorial africa.

But sub-saharan africans being born with straight hair would counter that.

i also wasnt using Kush in a Religious context, just to describe the area of north east africa mentioned.
    Last edited by GimDofi; 10-26-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    "Whas' good ni**a? Whas good!? Where da' Ho's at? Church Ni**a! CHUUUUUCH!" Riley

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GimDofi View Post
    So these people you mentioned having straight hair would be considered "black".

Considering how loose that term is used it's highly possible that they just happen to have picked up a trait from a non-black race present in there genes. Which i am highly aware of.

My question was not whether or not straight haired "blacks" could be found in america. Once again considering how broad the term "black" is, it is more probable for a "black" person in america to have straight hair. At least from my understanding.

The girl whom i mentioned, said that they're are "full blacks" with straight hair in ethiopia. Meaning that are pure sub-saharan african.

So my true question is if a pure sub-saharan could be born with straight hair. And if so what causes this?

But sub-saharan africans being born with straight hair would counter that.
    That's what I thought you meant...I don't have the answers to your questions. I know a few Ethiopians and have seen a lot more just in passing (my city has a large Ethiopian immigrant pop.), none of them have straight hair.

Watching this thread for responses...
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What city is it?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC

Now that I think about it, every so often when we have a discussion about black hair and European emulation...someone inevitably drags out the same ole tired picture of some little black (and presumably African???) children with blonde straight-ish hair. I don't know if those kids are in the Sub-Sahara or what though, honestly, I only have the poster's word that they're even African. If someone has that pic saved on their drive--would you mind sharing and giving its background?
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not that complicated.

The people of east Africa have been "mixing" for centuries. What you have in the Horn (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia) is the result of sub-Saharan blacks, "Arabs", and others all getting busy. Similarly, in Madagascar and some of the islands off the eastern coast, you have people who come in all kinds of shades and hair textures and it's all due to centuries of different folks getting busy.

I once read a biography of a woman who grew up in a harem somewhere in north Africa and she said that when WWII happened they were amazed that the US Army went to such lengths to keep black and white soldiers separated. She said that it was common knowledge that the peoples of north Africa were a complete and total blend of European and sub-Saharan African.

One of our foreign visitors this year is from east Africa. He is as dark as me (think dark chocolate) and his hair is wavy-straight. He's an optically black man with straight hair.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast